Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Nigeria
JOB DESCRIPTION AND PROFILE
The Senior Operations Geologist provides operations geology support, interfaces between development geology/subsurface and well engineering team, development of geological programs, guide and supervise well site geologist and service companies.
Reports to the Chief Technology and Operating Officer
• Minimum of 15 Years of Experience in the oil and gas industry with at least 8 years as Senior Operations Geologist with relevant experience.
• Extensive experience with Drilling and Workover rigs for all types of well construction activities
• Recent offshore experience (Jack-up or deep offshore rig) is required
• Experience with international oil companies will be added advantage.
• Minimum Bachelor's or Master's degree in Geology
• Offshore survival and HUET (BOSIET) certification
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES - SENIOR OPERATIONS GEOLOGIST
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Subsurface engineering and development of geological programmes in co-ordination with subsurface team and reservoir engineers.
• Knowledge of operating subsurface related software.
• Petro-physics for logging evaluation.
• Correlation for setting downhole equipment.
• Develop evaluation plan and detailed wireline logging programs including MDT samplings and advanced logging requirements, tool requirements, coring and mud logging programmes.
• Assist in developing well test objectives.
• Pore pressure and fracture pressure prediction.
• Offset well analysis and regional correlations, development of litho-column and formation tops with uncertainty matrix
• Management of well site geologists
• Manage wireline and mud logging contracts etc
• To perform quality check and be the custodian of Daily Geological Reports
• Knowledge of Geophysics, Subsurface engineering,
• Experience on extended reach and horizontal wells.
• Familiarity with various types of logging tools and log interpretation
• Strong verbal and written communication
• Understanding of all well construction project management starting from well engineering design, planning, preparation to the execution phase.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities with the ability to make technically and economically sound recommendations with incomplete information and tight deadlines;
• Effective decision maker with the ability to apply and follow through on decisions and actions
• Effective coordination and interface with internal team and external contractors, and partners.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, ability to work with teams.
• Must be innovative and positive in dealing with changes and reacting to project difficulties
• Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for the successful completion of assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than have standards imposed