Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Nigeria
JOB DESCRIPTION AND PROFILE
The Geophysicists is responsible for interpretation of seismic data to create maps of the build-up of hydrocarbons., gather and evaluate well data that helps build reservoir models to predict the potential flow from the reservoir. Works closely with the Geologist and Reservoir Engineer, to create 3D models, find and extract oil and gas from existing fields as well as searching for potential new development targets.
Reports to the Group Chief Technical & Operating Officer (CTOO).
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
• At least 15 years' experience in the Oil & Gas Industry with at least 10 years as a Geophysicist
• First degree in geology, geophysics, geoscience, mathematics or physics.
• A postgraduate degree in geophysics or geoscience will be an advantage
• Use of a range of specialist Geosciences technical software, analytical tools, and Microsoft Office suite
• Good knowledge of offshore operations/ facilities
Key Responsibilities and Duties - Geophysicist
• Designs seismic data acquisition plans and interprets seismic data to create maps
• Advises on suitable seismic measurement and data-processing techniques
• Analyze, interpret and map 2D and 3D seismic data
• Measure reservoir volumes
• Assess potential oil and gas yield
• Provide a range of geophysical support and technical advice and guidance within the business.
• Keep abreast of new and emerging technologies
• Improve existing techniques in data acquisition and mathematical processing, as well as seek to develop new techniques and methods
• Work within budget, resource and time constraints.
• Prepare and deliver the technical information in all project bids.
• Create the parameters for studies and work on-site with other project team members to implement their data collection procedure.
• Present Regular Reports to Project Stakeholders in a way that helps them make better decisions.
• Compiles charts, reports and management presentations
• Analyze all geophysical interpretations and identify all potential issues and resolution in process for all complex technical and business issues and coordinate with other Disciplines to prepare schedule for projects.
• Forecast all issues in system and ensure appropriate resolution for same, analyze productivity of all operations in geophysical sphere and recommend solutions to increase proficiency of all results.
• Prepare business proposals and identify appropriate locations through regular inspection and assist to complete all production activities.
• Monitor and provide support to all reserve reports and design and recommend locations for all geophysical area as per requirement.
• Maintain integrity of all geophysical data and ensure compliance to all regulations and standards.
• Supervise all geophysical activities and ensure achievement of all production goals.
• Good IT skills to process data and produce three-dimensional models of geophysical features
• Numerical skills
• Project management skills
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Flexibility and adaptability
• Attention to detail and the ability to record information accurately
• The ability to express ideas and findings clearly, both orally and in writing to produce reports and make presentations
• Team working skills
• The ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
• Expertise in GIS
• Data collection and management techniques
• Data Analysis