Skills: Warehouse Person, Laborer, Workshop
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Williston, North Dakota, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a General Foreman with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry to work in the Williston, ND area.
Authorization to work lawfully in the U.S.without sponsorship from Wood required.
- Must be able to manage, supervise and coordinate an entire job dealing with all of the various crafts that are present on the job site.
- The management will include the technical, safety, and human relations aspects of employment.
- The employee must be capable of identifying safety problems and correcting them promptly
- The employee must be aware of the company and the customers' requirements and conditions under which they shall work
- The employee must be able to communicate with other craftsmen so work can be scheduled, and a good work flow can be maintained
- The employee must be capable of making an onsite inspection of each job site prior to the issuance of a permit for safety concerns
- The employee must be able to instruct workers in any of the new procedures, new materials to be used, conduct safety meetings, maintain a good line of communication with the employees
- The employee must be capable of dealing with the customers in a professional manner and need to assist the customer when necessary
- Train workers in construction methods, operation of equipment, safety procedures, and company policies
- Read specifications such as blueprints to determine construction requirements and to plan procedures
- Confer with managerial and technical personnel, other departments, and contractors in order to resolve problems and coordinate activities
Skills / Qualifications
EDUCATION AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
- May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines.
- Must have valid drivers license.
- May be required to lift and carry items weighing no more than 50 pounds.
- Must possess enough strength and stamina to perform the technical duties and essential functions as identified above.
- Must be able to move in and around confined spaces and uneven areas.
- Must have full range of motion consistent with age.
- May be required consistently to work 12 hour shifts performing construction based labor in varying temperature extremes and conditions.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.