Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Skills: Sales, Reservoir Engineering, Geoscientist
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Roles and Responsibilities
- The position focuses on delivering the value proposition of various Baker Hughes services through helping our customers to advance reservoir performance and find smarter ways to improve their assets.
- Delivers Sales quotas as agreed with all commercial and technical sales teams
- Will report to RTS Region PLD
- Cadence and QMI oversight Regionally
- Lead and deliver subsurface-based techno-commercial analysis for Integrated Well Services (IWS) projects and Early Engagement opportunities, and ensure commercial decisions are based on subsurface insights and risking.
- Act as RTS-centric focal point, and builds and develops technical and commercial business relationships with clients from an early engagement stage to award. Provide adequate technical and commercial due diligence support for tenders and proposals.
- Provide strategic geoscience and petroleum engineering inputs to multi-disciplinary projects or opportunities including field development planning; reservoir and well performance evaluation, production forecast and optimization; well planning, construction and delivery.
- Recognize customer challenges, propose and recommend solutions that contain RTS advisory services, higher value generating solutions, including cross-product line collaboration, for both the customer and BH.
- Lead business intelligence in collaboration with other RTS Area leads, Region and global leaders leveraging public databases, client activities, competitor directions, and industry trends to create dynamic business forecast.
- Coordinate with multi-disciplinary experts, at the global and geomarket level e.g., subsurface experts providing reservoir characterization, petrophysists, geologists, geophysicists, geomechanics specialists, drilling engineers, completion and production engineers for optimal Job/project delivery and outcome.
- Work closely with the Global, Region and geomarket RTS technical community to improve workflow/project efficiency/delivery and expand the application portfolio in development.
- Stay up to date on BH technology and services and leverage opportunities to incorporate them in integrated workflows.
- Thought leadership both internally and externally through publishing and presenting in professional forums to promote recognition as technical expert and brand ambassador.
- Need to exhibit strong business acumen, with the competence to close the gap between the technical and business complexities.
- Conduct customer meetings individually or jointly with product line sales, early engagement and global account teams.
- Promote solutions from existing technology base, identifying gaps and promoting workflows to meet customer challenges in different geological settings.
- Involve in the knowledge community through professional societies and forums to understand industry directions as well as the suitability of BH measurements, products and services.
- Demonstrate compliance to company policies, for the entire team, including HSE compliance.
- Master's degree in a geoscience discipline and 10+ years of industry experience, including significant operator experience or experience working with operating companies and understanding their requirements.
- Possesses a clear understanding of the oil & gas upstream value chain and client drivers.
- Working experience in multiple petroleum basins/provinces worldwide and understand their geological settings and reservoir complexities to help plan and advice on business strategies and identify opportunities.
- Excellent problem solving skills with a drive for results.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrates ability to understand the key operating levels of the oil and gas industry. Proficient in geoscience related exploration and development workflows for oil and gas assets to help lead and advice the team on best practices.
- Familiar with Field Management Business Plan/Strategy, including economic analysis and evaluation of resources and reserves.
- Understand the concept of Alternative Business Model (ABM) and has experience to establish and continuously improve the mechanisms to review and preserve the value creation from such opportunities.
- Experience in field operations for an operator and oilfield service company will be a preference.
- Experience of leading senior multi-disciplinary petro-technical experts in subsurface evaluation for integrated field management opportunities, including well planning and construction, production enhancement and management
- Experience of managing multiple stakeholders; internally and externally at both technical and executive levels
- Ability to build rapport and network across complex organizations and disciplines
- Individual contributor that can demonstrate strong teaming skills to work across various BH internal and external organizations
- Robust and reliable project management skills
- Self-motivated and can operate with minimal supervision
- Be confident, flexible and adaptable and perform under stress when required and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Is able to travel about 40-50% of time
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
- Established project management skills.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.