Skills: Operations Management, Project Management
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: London, United Kingdom
Primat Recruitment is looking for a Mock Up Package Engineer to join a multinational electrical utility company. The duration of this role has been confirmed for a minimum of 6 months, you will be based in London, UK. Travel is required within this role.
The required services are for the Interface Management works in the Saint Brieuc offshore windfarm project.
- Manage the delivery of the Mock-up in STB project. The Mock-up will consist of a full scale replica of the actual internal central core of the Transition Piece (TP) and the bottom tower of the Wind Turbine Generator (WTG), targeting.
- Zero HSE incidents.
- Finalize the Scope of Work, schedule, and final price to meet the due date.
- Install the Mock-up according to the project program.
- Effectively manage the contractors.
- Work collaboratively across the project to ensure overall Mock-up success.
- Ensure the Mock-up is properly designed, optimized, procured, supplied, delivered, installed, and reviewed with all identified lessons learned documented until decommissioning.
- Coordinate the participation in the Mock-up of all the required parties: Foundations Supply (FOU Supply), Foundations Transport & Installation (FOU T&I), Wind Turbine Generation (WTG) & Inter-Array Cable (IAC) Packages as well as H&S and O&M Teams.
- Carry out follow up meetings with the required parties to assess progress.
- Review, comment and agree Mock Test Plan and oversee delivery of relevant items on it, witnessing manufacturing and testing of the relevant items.
- Integrate and coordinate relevant packages programmes for on time delivery of the Mock-up, whilst monitoring overall Mock-up programme to maximise trails and opportunities.
- Ensure all cable routings accurately model the operational conditions and offshore TP/Tower requirements for compliance;
- Work closely with interface management team in identification of technical interfaces between packages are identified and addressed appropriately in design and contract arrangements in relation to Mock-up scope;
- Support packages team/leads to ensure Contractor's delivers the works on time and in compliance with industry best practices and all external inputs are provided to the Contractor when required.
- Ensure opportunities for optimisation and standardisation are being investigated;
- Identify related risks external to Mock-up scope which may be detrimental to the project, monitor and act to mitigate these risks where possible.
- Ensure quality, health and safety and environmental requirements are fully considered and adhered to in design
- Seek to address key engineering lessons learnt from Mock-up scope;
- Interface with GIS and CAD support;
- Report status to project management and senior management teams;
- Oversee financial reporting and forecasting ensuring that it is delivered as required to the Mock-up
Qualifications & Certificates.
- Degree or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject OR HND/HNC and preferably membership of appropriate Institute.
- Leading and managing multidiscipline projects through all phases of design, construction, commissioning and close out.
- Experience in either mechanical, structural, E&I or controls engineering discipline.
- Experience in project engineering of multidiscipline engineering design teams.
- Experienced in coordinating and interfacing with construction team and sub-contractors.
- Experienced in coordinating and controlling team delivery in accordance with agreed cost, schedule and change without compromising HSSEQ standards.
- Experience in developing and maintaining good relationships with client and sub-contractors.
- Propose and execute remedial actions for all identified problem areas associated with schedule slippage.