Skills: Purchasing, Supply Chain Management
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Sunbury, United Kingdom
The GBS procurement organisation aspires to be a world-class, business centric Procurement organization, working to support delivery of BP business and functional strategies with efficiency, effectiveness and a great stakeholder experience. GBS Procurement is pivoting to be more aligned to the delivery of BP's transformation agenda and key business drivers in the short, medium and long term.
Reporting to the Professional Services Category Director the Professional Services Category Manager will play a part in shaping the future of the Professional Services categories. The Professional Services categories will focus on business improvement, economic and financial related services, including Business, technical & IT consulting, Legal services, Cash & Banking, Insurance services, Tax services & Treasury. The candidate will determine the supply strategy associated with the application of new and current Talent based requirements to existing business problems or practices in line with the BP strategic agenda.
The post holder will have professional services market expertise, excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.Key Responsibilities
- Support delivery of BP business and functional strategies with efficiency, effectiveness and a great stakeholder experience
- Develop and own strong working relationships with senior level leaders of the key organisations across the segments and businesses
- Develop the Professional Services category strategy for which they are responsible, enabling effective and efficient operational execution while ensuring a great stakeholder experience
- Manage the health of the Professional Services Category for which they are responsible
- Understand the implications of developments in the marketplace and evaluate how they may present opportunities or threats
- Ensure an agile and innovative approach to supply market engagement to drive greater transformational impact
- Enable optimisation of requirements while promoting transformation as the business and market allows
- Promote the mindset shift required to transition from a traditional category focus towards an agile way of thinking, i.e. encouraging & appreciating value, speed and flexibility
- Balance control & risk with driving value in line with Group priorities
- Proven professional experience in procurement and category management positions required.
- Subject matter expertise in the Professional Services supply market
- Experience of working cross culturally and in an international environment
- Ability to communicate and influence across different levels in the organisation
- Engaging and collaborative way of working
- Resilient and experienced in working in multi-faceted environment
- An undergraduate degree (ideally in procurement or business) or equivalent experience.
- MBA or Equivalent Masters level degree in relevant field.
- Fellow or membership of Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS)
- Familiarity with Ariba Source to Pay and Salesforce
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.