Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
REPORTS TO: Crane Operator
LOCATION: Offshore, Nova Scotia
TYPE OF RIG: JackUp; Regina Allen
Work under the direction of the Crane Operator as necessary to support on-going rig operations. Assist in handling freight to or from helicopters and boats. Implement and uphold safety and environmental compliance requirements. Assist other personnel as directed.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1+ year experience working Offshore as Roustabout
- Basic Survival Training (BST)
- H2S Alive
- Emergency First Aid
- Fall Protection
- Confined Space Entry
- Offshore Fire Team (OFT)
- Helideck Team Training (HTT)
- Rigging, Slinging and Banksman
- Able to operate software applications as applicable to position
- Must pass Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- Safely and efficiently perform all duties assigned by the Crane Operator during deck / maintenance operations.
- Ensure all operations are proceeding in a safe manner, and responsible for correcting or notifying responsible persons of any unsafe acts and/or conditions which exist.
- Attend and participate in pre-tour, post tour, and special operations and weekly safety meetings.
- Assist in rig maintenance such as chipping, scraping, painting, scrubbing, and cleaning.
- Assist in keeping the deck of the rig free of all unnecessary tools and equipment.
- Relieve on the drill floor as required in order to gain experience for promotion.
- Other duties as required
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace.We encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Nova Scotia will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Position Roustabout - NS Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NS
This position is currently accepting applications.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: