Skills: Painting / Coating / Blasting
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Rotational role in Qatar offshore
The job holder is accountable for the following activities during Topsides Contract execution:
- To implement the Quality Management System at Project level.
- To ensure the performance of the Contractor, Subcontractors and Vendors is achieving the Project Quality requirements.
- To coordinate all painting and coating quality control activities.
- To implement the Company Technical Referential and applicable local and international codes.
- To insure that painting and coating quality requirements are well established and implemented by the Contractor during procurement, fabrication and construction works in order to obtain formal guarantee and warranties of each paint system.
- The Topsides Painting Superintendent has an Hierarchical Link to the Topsides QC Superintendent. He/she has a Functional Link to Corrosion Engineer for all technical matters.
- To review and approve the painting, coating and Quality/Inspection documentation issued by the Contractor and Subcontractors.
- Coordinate the quality control activities linked to painting, coating and corrosion during Offshore brownfield and hook-up activities.
- Review and approved the material certificates.
- Validate the different PQT and validation of painting operators.
- To monitor the painting progress, including the closure of painting punches remaining from Contractor's yard.
- Issue or review Contractor Non Conformance reports and validate dispositions.
- Participate in the change management process (Technical Query, Deviation Request) with the support of Corrosion Engineer.
- Review and approve the different inspection reports issued by the Contractor on a daily basis.
- Witness inspection activities based on the Quality Control Plan (ITP).
- Ensure that CTR's personnel are qualified for the task they've been assigned to.
- Manage all Company quality inspections related to painting, coating and corrosion activities.
- Participate in the weekly meeting and in the issuance of weekly report and KPIs.
- In coordination with Head Projects QA/QC, participate in Contractor investigations of significant Quality failures. Ensure proper root cause analysis of Contractor Quality failures is undertaken, and conclusions are reached and corrective actions undertaken.
- Review manufacturing records books.
- Assist reporting during all phases and more particularly the close-out report and lesson learn.
- Education to HND/BTS level or COMPANY approved equivalent in engineering discipline.
- Painting and Coatings qualification level III (NACE, BGAS or ACQPA-FROSIO qualified).
- Professional Experience (number of years) : 15.
- Experience within project : (number of years) : 10.
- Construction, offshore brownfield and hook-up experience is required on wellhead platform, topsides, structure, piping and practical knowledge of applicable codes and standards such as EN and ISO. Experience on construction yard is required.
- A good knowledge of company Standards and International codes/standards related to design, fabrication and inspection.
- Comprehensive knowledge in coating, painting, passivation, insulation and cathodic protection.
- Good leadership skills and good communication skills.
- Ability to work on projects in a complex and multicultural environment.
- Be skilled in using computer programs for word processing, database management, spreadsheets and e-mail communications.
- Language: English
Kintec was established in the UK in 2001 with the purpose of supplying both Contract and Permanent technical engineering personnel. Currently operating within the Oil and Gas, Chemical, Life Sciences, Power, Rail and Infrastructure industries, Kintec’s business reach is on a global scale. Over the years, we have succeeded in developing lasting relationships, with both clients and candidates, and delivered expertise and up to the minute industry knowledge with efficiency and professionalism. With business expansion and the creation of further offices in the UK, networks in the Middle East, Africa, and the US as well as movement further into Europe, Kintec’s market position has gained major strength over its 18 years in business and we have reinforced this further with sector diversification. Kintec prides itself on delivering unparalleled levels of mobilisation support, which includes the organisation of visas, travel, accommodation, local payroll, security and medical insurance. We take great care to ensure that our own employees are provided with all of the necessary in-house training to be able to deliver exceptional levels of customer service to our clients and candidates. Furthermore, we provide opportunities for further career development, as part of our organic growth model, and aim to provide a favourable working environment where our personnel are held in extremely high regard. We see our staff as paramount in terms of establishing a long lasting and successful business, facilitating the overall aim to replicate and build on our historic achievements