Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Ashley, Indiana, United States
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
The role of Senior Analyst performs routine and non-routine laboratory testing, monitors the performance of the laboratory quality system, and acts as a resource for the Intermediate Analyst for all laboratory procedures, practices and analyses. The Senior Analyst acts as the team leader for shift and laboratory teams, as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carry out and oversee analytical analyses, quality practices and general laboratory practices
- Strong team player focused on leading the team to success
- Suggest and support compliance and continual improvement in Bureau Veritas and client safety, efficiency and quality protocols.
- Calibration, troubleshooting and training on instruments and methods as defined by laboratory SOPs.
- Reviews and issues analyses results to the client
- Maintain laboratory inventory and supplies
- Develop standard operating procedures and work instructions
- Ensures laboratory housekeeping meets Bureau Veritas and client standards
- To evaluate continually the safety of laboratory working conditions and arrange for necessary corrections to be made.
- Monitoring, measuring, and assessing quality assurance practices and protocols for continual improvement.
- Carries out safety walkthrough audits
- Leads root cause investigations and follows through on corrective action
- To carry out the above responsibilities, and all others, which may be assigned, in a manner demonstrating support for and adherence to Bureau Veritas and the Client's Safety Quality, Ethics, and Environmental Management System policies and procedures.
- Some traveling may be required.
Mentoring and training new and junior staff and supervising junior staff in the absence of their Laboratory Supervisor, Lab Manager or Remote Lab Manager.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Preferred BS in science or related field
- Four years' related work experience required
- Method/instrument verification experience with various lab instruments
- Experience working in a team environment and with customer interaction a plus
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to interpret scientific formulas.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear; and taste and smell. The employee frequently is required to walk and climb stairs. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and with explosive material and is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risks of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of radiation.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.