Skills: Crane Operator, Rigging / Scaffolding
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: South Africa
- Coordinate day to day works to the local riggers and assist to them for any rigging / lifting activities.
- Prepare MS / rigging studies for rigging operations.
- Prepare risk assessment for rigging operation.
- Carryout periodic inspection of all rigging hardware such as wire rope, web sling, spreader bar, chain block, etc.
- Study and prepare rigging plan before rig-up / erection of heavy lift equipment.
- Explain and enforce COMPANY and / or CONTRACTOR rules and regulation and quantity of safety requirement.
- Organize daily planning of crane working area.
- Supervise and ensure the safe operation of cranes and forklift machines for the stacking, positioning and turning of loads, weight estimation and special lifts.
- Examine routine care and maintenance, fault analysis and safety of the machines in his charge.
- Maintain standard lifting gear conducting tool box talk to the crew.
- Maintain proper signals in actual lifting engaged in hoisting and moving loads to ensure safety of workers and material handled, using hard signal or radio.
- Supervise the cranes boom, accessories, maintaining the log for each crane, ensuring erection of barriers and safety sign board in respect to lifting areas. Attending COMPANY and/or CONTRACTOR internal walk through.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in all rigging and lifting activities, to ensure compliance with safety procedures and MS. Familiar with heavy lift plans and procedures.
- Assists and determines the proper method of lifting equipment for each assigned project.
- Assists with the set-up of crane.
- Conducts basic loading of heavy lift projects by rigging the crane equipment and ensuring the proper use of each equipment method.
- Coordinate with and Directs crane operators, as required.
- Ability to optimize resources (manpower, equipment and materials) to ensure efficient and timely completion of the project.
- Ensures that work crews are properly supplied with tools, equipment and materials. Prevents de misuse of equipment, materials and tools.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow procedures. Competent in reading and understanding specifications, drawings and all other discipline related project and engineering documentation. - Keeps records of all work completed and completion "Action Lists".
- Specifies locations for movement of machinery using knowledge of various methods of sliding and lifting equipment;
- Directs workers engaged in splicing ropes (such as monkey fists ...) and metal cables to form hoisting slings;
- Familiar with and enforces strict compliance with all Safety procedures, including all COMPANY and / or CONTRACTOR rules and regulations.
- Ability to train new local riggers