Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam
Responsible for supporting product quality management in BP's supply chain through quality control processes, whilst developing technical and analytical capabilities to ensure the safety and reliability of operations.The Chemist is responsible for:
- Conducting trial blends with new additives for new local formulations, for time-tuning variable components in the formulations to meet specifications for actual blending;
- Doing analysis tests of samples of Raw materials, Finished Products, Imported Products, Greases, Used oil and Customer's samples in observance of QC procedures, laboratory HSSE procedures and Code of Practice;
- Controlling plant formulations in Fusion/JDE webtool/JDE/plant production system included formulation, testing spec. and frequency in conformance with Fusion process;
- Updating testing methods / develop new testing method to get QA/QC Manager approval;
- Monitoring the calibration and maintenance of Lab equipment
- Implementing Lab safety CoW and Lab HSE requirements.
Key results/ Accountabilities expected from the role:
- Comply with company HSSE policy and follow Laboratory Code of Practice;
- Follow all procedures/ work instructions related to Integrated Management system (IM)
- Carry out safely, accurately, efficiently, timely the analysis of raw materials, finished products, imported-products, grease, used oils and customer samples;
- Perform required tests for base oil, additive, lubricant, grease and other samples followed standard methods (ASTM, IP, BP....);
- Check raw materials and finished products meet specifications in Fusion plant before release, to comply with plant procedures
- Conduct trial blend, adjust variable components (1) to fine-tune local formulation before mass production, (2) to prepare bill of material (BOM) in JDE, and to ensure only accurate formulations are released for production;
- Update formulation for production blending included BIS and JDE BOM A, check to ensure the formulation is comply with Fusion PF.
- Attend the process for BOM related to product TAX ( EPT/ HS code approval)/JDE item master/RMs & Fusion PF claim as assigned by QA/QC Manager
- Conduct trial blends to initiate treat rates for blend correction and for rinse oils;
- Do lab administration, reporting tasks (COA, performance, chemical and apparatus stock), and statistical reports as assigned by the QA/QC Manager.
- Update the changed/new testing methods / QC procedures and work instructions for getting QA/QC approval.
- Do the training for Lab Technicians on Lab testing methods.
- Do the internal & external calibration for Lab equipment, responsible for equipment repair, follow up the maintenance schedule and contracts
- Prepare PSR, PO and proceed payment for Lab purchase
- Support the plant HSEQ management system as an internal auditor of IMS system;
- Plan and follow up period tests recommended in Master formulations and stability test.
- Perform all legal compliance tasks assigned such as ones in procedures, work instructions including safety methods for handling critical equipment and tools or the 1-PRC19-A01.
- Maintain MSDS database for Lab chemicals and RMs
- Maintain awareness of the Product Stewardship and Product Compliance processes, responsibilities and accountabilities which impact or involve my immediate team and my broader business function.
- Maintain the competencies and capabilities needed to properly execute and complete specific Product Stewardship and Product Compliance actions, activities, and responsibilities assigned to my role.
- Carry out other tests/ other job as assigned by the QA/QC Manager;
- Work on shift
- Educational background
- University Degree in Chemistry
- Experience (years and nature)
- Min. 1 year experience in the quality management in manufacturing operation
- Strong knowledge of laboratory HSE, Code of Practice and related standards and local regulation requirements
- Basic knowledge in integrity management system
- Strong knowledge and practice skills of all relevant lab test methods
- Moderate English skills (reading and writing skill for Lab network communication on testing method/ equipment/Fusion process)
- Good IT/Microsoft Office skills
- High teamwork spirit; careful working behaviour