The I&E Technician is responsible for performing corrective & preventative maintenance on I&E systems as analytical equipment, control elements, advanced hardware (computers, telemetry & etc.), logic networks and other related equipment associated typically in the processing, fractionation, storage and transportation of natural gas liquids.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Installation, maintenance and calibration of temperature, differential, pressure, level and vibration transmitters
• Maintenance and installation of various brands of control valves including AOV's
• Monitor process variables and conditions to ascertain the current state of the operated process.
• Monitor and recognize dangerous and/or emergency conditions within the process and perform procedures necessary to remove the condition or shutdown the process in order to protect personnel, community, environment and equipment.
• Work with coworkers in the response to emergency situations requiring coordination (Incident Command System), equipment or plant shutdown, and/or evacuation.
• Recognize malfunctions in individual equipment and perform maintenance as necessary to correct problems.
• Operate and perform activities in accordance with applicable regulations and procedures. (Federal, State and local policies and procedures).
• Write repair work requests for routine and major maintenance that cannot be handled as part of normal operations using a CMMS (MAXIMO
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
• High school diploma or GED.
• Valid driver license.
• Must be proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office software modules, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and learn proprietary software
• Willing to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objectives and the ability to work abnormal work shifts to meet plant conditions.
• Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams and internal and external customers
• Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected crafts and internal and external customers; able to work self-directed.
• Ability to interface with DCS (Distributive Control Systems) and PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers)
• Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose process controls
• Must have a working knowledge of P&IDs, electric schematics and technical manuals and data
• Ability to input and utilize purchasing (ePro).
• Ability to work under DOT, TCEQ and PSM regulation
• Will work overtime, weekends, holidays, and respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objectives and the ability to work abnormal work shifts for plant conditions.
• Regular and reliable attendance.
•Work locations across the lower 48
• Two year associates degree in instrumentation or equivilent training
• Experience working as a self starter, and ability to work with peers in collaborative efforts
• CMMS (Computerized maintenance management system) experience (SAP, Maximo etc.)
• Experience with Lock-Out/Tag-Out procedures and work permit process
• Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 75lbs.
• Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
• Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
RigUp is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices