Skills: Rig Welder
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Williston, North Dakota, United States
Wood is seaching for a Rig Welder with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry in Williston, ND area.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
The employee must be capable of welding together components to fabricate or repair products such as machine parts, pressure vessels, plant equipment, pipes, plates, and structural steel using various welding procedures.
- Accurately interpret and apply information from work orders, job orders, specifications, ISO's, blueprints or other drawings and recognize basic blueprints or symbols for job application.
- Identify, recognize and demonstrate safe usage of hand tools and power tools appropriate for the job.
- Recognize various materials used in the craft and demonstrate a working knowledge of appropriate material handling techniques.
- Select and safely use appropriate equipment which may include (but not limited to) manlifts, fork lifts, and company trucks.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in safe rigging practices.
- Identify, explain and perform crane signals.
- Demonstrate ability to weld together parts using any of the welding processes on various metals such as carbon steel, stainless, alloys, etc.
- Demonstrate ability to use alignment devices for fabrication.
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability to qualify and pass all welding performance tests.
- Demonstrate ability to produce welds that are 100% X-ray quality.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in use of oxy-acetylene flame cutting equipment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of regulations governing quality control codes.
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
- Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Remove rough spots from work pieces, using portable grinders, hand files, or scrapers
Skills / Qualifications
- Must have SMAW and GTAW Process knowledge
- Preferred to own welding machine .
- Candidate should have a minimum 2 years journeyman experience welding various types of materials.
- Candidate should have a 1-2 years of experience as helper in the welding field.
- Completion of formal classroom training in welding field may substitute for helper experience in welding craft.
- Mathematics - Using mathematics to solve problems. The minimum math ability usually associated with this classification is the ability to calculate surfaces, volumes, angles, weights and measure. You must be able to use variables and formulas which are normally found in most industry approved trade books. (Pipefitters "Blue Book")
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.