Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Williston, North Dakota, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Carpenter/Cement Finisher with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry in Williston, ND.
Authorization to work lawfully in the U.S. without sponsorship from Wood required
- The employee must be able to perform finish carpenter work such as frame metal stud walls, hang sheetrock, dry wall, install doors and hardware, and install paneling, suspended ceilings, toilet partitions and other related office furnishings.
- In addition to being able to smooth and finish surfaces of poured concrete, such as floors, walks, sidewalks, roads, or curbs using a variety of hand and power tools.
- Accurately interpret and apply information from work orders, job orders, specifications, blueprints, ISO's or other drawings and recognize basic blueprint terms and symbols for job application.
- Identify, recognize and demonstrate safe usage of power tools and hand tools appropriate for the job.
- Recognize various materials used in piping systems and demonstrate a working knowledge of appropriate material handling techniques.
- Select and safely use appropriate equipment which may include (but not limited to) manlifts, fork lifts, and company trucks.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in correct application of various coatings including paints and varnishes.
- Demonstrate ability to correctly install the following:
- Door Jambs
- Suspended Ceilings
- Linoleum/Tile/Flooring (This is a plus but not mandatory)
- Formica (This is a plus but not mandatory)
- The employee must participate in safety meetings, safety programs and in the quality process.
- The employee must clean the work area at the end of the day or at the completion of each job.
Skills / Qualifications
- Should have 1- 4 years' experience as a helper in the Carpentry or cement related trades.
- Should have 1-2 years' experience as a journeyman in the Carpentry trade.
- Experience working inside industrial facilities is a plus.
- The employee must be able to use standard and/or metric rule to measure.
- Demonstrate ability to use whole numbers, fractions and decimals to add, subtract, multiply and divide and be able to accurately follow instructions.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Mathematics - Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Equipment Selection - Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Installation - Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.