At Baker Hughes, we are building a Talent Community of highly talented and motivated professionals for future job roles. If you match the described job role and are as excited as we are to have you on-board in the future, please hit the apply button to be a part of our Talent Community.
As a member of our talent community, you will be amongst the first to get exclusive news about Baker Hughes, various cool projects we are working on, our employee success stories and new job opportunities you may be interested in.
- Under general supervision is responsible for:
- Read schematic drawings and technical documentation to determine proper work procedures.
- Cables laying and cables integrity test
- Set up non-contact vibrations probes
- Review instrument lay-out drawings and wiring
- Grounding and earthing systems
- Terminal board and wiring connection
- Instrument installation and wiring
- Instrument set-up and calibration
- Wiring cold check and insulation check
- Fire protection and gas detection system wiring and calibration
- Verify Motor control center, inverter, battery charger, dc/ac motor wiring
- Field Instrumentation loop checks
- Assistance during the commissioning and start-up of main and auxiliary equipment Responsible for inventory and control of tools equipment and supplies integrity and functionality.
- Ability to use in autonomy Multimeters, Meggers, and other tools needed to perform the required tasks
- Completes daily time sheet.
- Ability to collect information during testing and inspection to provide field specialist / field supervisors with recommendations on equipment or instrumentation integrity/functionality
- Quickly adjusts to changing job assignments/requirements and the flexibility to work overtime with little or no advance notice.
- Assist field specialist / field supervisors on location as required
- Good attitude to manage relationships with customer and Baker Hughes HQs, concerning technical and contractual aspects
- Follow up all quality aspects according to six sigma approach and Baker Hughes QMS manual and procedures
- Working knowledge and application of HSE rules at all time without any deviation.
- Effective communication to HQs, through company digital tools.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- High School Diploma
- 4+ Turbo machinery experience.
- 2+ years of Baker Hughes manufacture machine knowledge.
- 2+ Electrical and/or Electronics experience
- Must be able to perform frequent travel in the field
- Candidates must be team players
- Previous experience in the oil & gas Field
- Minimum 2 year Technical Degree preferred
- Previous experience working with electrical/ electronic equipment /rotating machines
- Availability to travel and be away from home for extended periods of time
*Please remember that joining the Talent Community is not an application for any specific job at Baker Hughes but to have the privilege of being considered for an opportunity that suits your profile on priority.