Skills: Maintenance Technician, Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Prudhoe Bay, Alaska, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Our client, an international Exploration and Production Operator, is currently seeking an Instrumentation Technician to join their team in Prudhoe Bay, AK. This is an immediate opening. Competitive pay and benefits package, and a matching 401K.
Under broad supervision is able to perform a variety of routine duties to maintain an efficient instrumentation system regarding installation, repair and maintenance of equipment on production facilities
Essential Job Functions
- A good working knowledge of all instrumentation systems and working knowledge of PLC's.
- Preferred experience with Delta V.
- Install/troubleshoot and/or maintain instrumentation equipment and systems including tank levels, pressure instrumentation, safety switches, LACT units, automation timers, control valves, flow control, etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance (PM's) on electronic instrumentation.
- Maintain inventory and equipment logs.
- Consults with vendors on the design and installation of new electrical instrumentation.
- Interpret schematics for electrical systems.
- Perform inspections as needed to comply with best practices and regulatory compliance.
- Maintain equipment history in CMMS (SAP) database
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned
- Work as a team with operations and maintenance personnel as needed.
- Mentor coworkers to obtain proficiency in critical areas of expertise.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licences, Registrations
- GED or High School Diploma and 2 years of related experience.
- Valid Driver License.
- Computer skills need to include Microsoft applications, and familiar with internet navigation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; stand stationary and stand/move about.
- The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to handle large items.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- The employee must frequently walk or climb stairs while carrying equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, fine discriminate detail, and depth perception.
Health Safety and Environment
All personal shall act responsibly and comply with all regulations and company HS&E policies. This includes reporting all spills, near misses, property damage and injuries. Personnel shall attend safety meetings and participate in facility emergency drills. Personnel shall also ensure they are properly trained to complete their work tasks safely.
Work activities and tasks assigned to this position pose a potentially critical impact to the employee's health, safety and environment
Competentia is more than a staffing company; we combine our long experience in the industry with a continuing commitment to innovation to provide a different level of customer service.
From the moment you begin planning your projects Competentia offers you real advantages in all areas related to staffing your teams and managing your manpower resources.
We offer strategic staffing solutions ranging from recruitment and onboarding to training, payrolling and mobilizing your human capital.
Above all we offer the expertise, experience and integrity to bring you genuine peace of mind as you manage one of the most challenging aspects of the modern technical market place.