Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, IT - Sys Admin & Support
Other Skills: CISSP, CEH, GIAC
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
A subject matter expert in information security methods and technologies. With general supervision, assesses risks to information technology assets and advises corrective actions. Coordinates and monitors security controls to protect the integrity of the Company's networks, applications and information assets.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a combination of risk management, information security and IT jobs preferable in the manufacturing, energy, or similar industries.
Education, Training, Licenses and/or Certifications
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university in Information Assurance, or a related IT discipline.
- CISSP - Certified Information Systems Security Professional (preferred)
- CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker (preferred)
- Any advanced or expert GIAC (Global Information Assurance Certification) certification (plus)
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Installs and maintains security software tools used to monitor IT systems
- Performs vulnerability scans on information systems and interprets data to prioritize remediation
- Reviews system log and event data for evidence of improper system access
- Develops and refines correlation rules for log/event analysis and alerting
- Collects forensic data from computing systems and analyzes data for indicators of compromise
- Participates in incident response processes, taking measures to prevent unauthorized use of networks and computing systems
- Consults with system owners and advises on information security risks
- Evaluates security of new software, hardware and services or modifications to existing systems
- Develops metrics and reports to identify improvement opportunities and monitors progress
- Facilitates educating employees on information security risks and manages user awareness systems.
- Assists with internal and external security audits of IT systems
Preferred Technical Experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences
- Working knowledge of IDS/IPS, firewalls, SIEM, and other security-related technologies
- Demonstrate effective leadership and influencing skills and practices
- Knowledge preferred in a majority of the following security-related areas:
- End Point Protection (EPP) technology i.e. Crowdstrike, Cylance etc.
- Vulnerability Management Systems i.e. Nessus, Nexpose etc.
- User Awareness Platforms i.e. Knowbe4, Phishme, Wombat etc.
- MS Azure Security Center
- IPS/IDS systems (Security Orientation)
- Risk mitigation techniques
- Penetration testing experience
- Large network management
- Incident Response best practices and techniques
- Knowledge a plus in the following applications and programming languages:
- Active Directory
- Microsoft SQL
- Windows Server and Desktop
- ANSI C / Assembly / C++ / C#
- Bash / Python / Perl / Ruby
Minimum Requirements for all Valaris positions
- Commitment to Valaris's high standard of safety and willing and able to comply with all safety laws, as well Valaris's safety policies standards and procedures
- Able to display commitment to Valaris's safety culture through personal behavior and willingness to influence others
- Must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel
- Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively
- Must have excellent team-working and organizational skills
- Work effectively alone or as part of a team on projects
- Exercise sound judgments and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions
- Maintain flexible attitude and approach towards assignments and successfully operate under ambiguous guidelines.
- Able to maintain regular and acceptable attendance
- Available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as determined necessary to meet business needs
- PC proficiency required - competency with Microsoft Office Software suite version 2013 or greater
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Valaris is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other non-job-related factors.
Valaris was created by the combination of two leading offshore drillers with decades of experience and knowledge to create the most capable, effective and highest performing offshore drilling service company in the world. We provide drilling services across all water depths with unmatched scale, geographic presence and customer relationships.
Our diverse rig fleet of ultra-deepwater drillships, versatile semisubmersibles and modern shallow-water jackups is capable of meeting a wide spectrum of customers’ well program requirements. Our rig fleet is among the most technologically advanced in the industry and our well-trained crews perform at the highest levels in the most challenging offshore environments.
Our customers include many of the largest offshore exploration and production companies including major integrated energy companies, national oil companies and independent operators. With an unwavering focus on safety and dedicated offshore and onshore employees, we provide innovative solutions and aim to deliver excellence to customers in everything that we do.