Skills: IT - Sys Admin & Support
Other Skills: Microsoft Azure, Office 365, Linux, VMWare
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Sr. Advisor Cloud & Server is a member of a highly motivated and experienced team with main responsibility to configure, maintain and support Valaris hybrid Datacenters infrastructure. In addition will involve assisting other IT teams and businessowners into integrating enterprise applications. The position will lead the creation of standards, policies, procedures and documentation to increase audit controls' consistency. Be part of the day to day incident and change management processes and SOX controls.
- Minimum of 8 years in a similar role in a business of similar size and complexity
- 3+ years hands-on Microsoft Azure experience (PaaS& IaaS) & Microsoft O365 Administration
- Hands on experience with the following technologies: Linux, Windows (Desktop & Server), Veeams, VMWare.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Working as Cloud Administrator on Microsoft Azure. Involved in configuring virtual machines, storage accounts, resource groups and security groups.
- Perform routine cost optimization of cloud infrastructure systems.
- Support cloud servers including security configurations, patching, and troubleshooting.
- Develop scripts for automating client/server functions.
- Monitor automated systems recovery solutions.
- Responsible to identify, troubleshoot and correct issues affecting our infrastructure and associated applications in a timely manner.
- Participate and in some cases lead the implementation of capital projects within budget and timeline constraints
- Work collaboratively with the business stakeholders and application teams to ensure solutions meet customer requirements and expectations.
Minimum Requirements for this position
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Extensive experience working on cloud environments, specifically with Azure.
- Experience configuring high availability zones/DR, Azure site recovery, Azure AD, patching process.
- Experience managing security audits on Azure resources.
- Expertise in installing, configuring and troubleshooting on Windows 2008R2, 2016 and 2019 servers using enterprise standards.
- Expertise in Windows Active Directory server administration.
- Experience with Cisco UCS server installation and configuration.
- Experience in iSCSI, NFS, and Fiber Channel protocols, Fiber Channel cabling, switching, and zoning.
- Knowledge about SAN Configuration and Implementation, Storage Components like internal storage, attached storages, SAN Switches, HBA, LUN Mapping, RAID groups, volume groups.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication and organizational skills, with particular emphasis on clear, detailed business requirements into functional specifications.
- Experience on ESXi and ESX architecture, guest OS installation, configuration and setting up of VM priorities, cloning and snapshots.
Minimum Requirements for all Valaris positions (these will remain unchanged)
- Commitment to Valaris's high standard of safety and willing and able to comply with all safety laws, as well Valaris's safety policies standards and procedures
- Able to display commitment to Valaris's safety culture through personal behavior and willingness to influence others
- Must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel
- Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively
- Must have excellent team-working and organizational skills
- Work effectively alone or as part of a team on projects
- Exercise sound judgments and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions
- Maintain flexible attitude and approach towards assignments and successfully operate under ambiguous guidelines.
- Able to maintain regular and acceptable attendance
- Available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as determined necessary to meet business needs
- PC proficiency required - competency with Microsoft Office Software suite version 2007 or greater
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Valaris is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other non-job related factors.
Valaris was created by the combination of two leading offshore drillers with decades of experience and knowledge to create the most capable, effective and highest performing offshore drilling service company in the world. We provide drilling services across all water depths with unmatched scale, geographic presence and customer relationships.
Our diverse rig fleet of ultra-deepwater drillships, versatile semisubmersibles and modern shallow-water jackups is capable of meeting a wide spectrum of customers’ well program requirements. Our rig fleet is among the most technologically advanced in the industry and our well-trained crews perform at the highest levels in the most challenging offshore environments.
Our customers include many of the largest offshore exploration and production companies including major integrated energy companies, national oil companies and independent operators. With an unwavering focus on safety and dedicated offshore and onshore employees, we provide innovative solutions and aim to deliver excellence to customers in everything that we do.