Skills: Purchasing, Supply Chain Management
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Responsible for providing elemental support for category strategy development (category aligned), developing category management knowledge and conducting day-to-day procurement execution activities under supervision, in order to meet the Service Level Agreements and Operational Level Agreements for procurement operations.The GBS procurement organisation aspires to be a world class, business centric function, working to support delivery of BP business and functional strategies with a focus on efficiency and effectiveness. GBS Procurement is pivoting to be more aligned to the delivery of BP's transformation agenda and key business drivers in the short, medium and long term.
Reporting to the Commercial Innovation Manager, the Commercial Innovation Specialist will have a part in building a dedicated, market facing capability for innovation that reflects the pace of change and technology disruption required to modernise the Group.
The post holder will develop good working relationships across the category teams and the wider business enabling delivery of sustained business value consistent with the Group's strategic priorities.
- Follow a strategic approach to identify the business need while enabling supply market engagement driving greater impact for large, transformational commercial projects
- Provide additional capacity to enable category teams to flex to transform category outcomes and drive transformational commercial programmes
- Provide dedicated, market facing capability for innovation that reflects the pace of change and technology disruption required to modernise the Group
- Support the mindset shift required to transition from a traditional perspective towards an agile way of thinking, i.e. encouraging & appreciating value, speed and flexibility
- Support a more agile approach to supply market engagement to drive greater transformational impact.
Qualification, experience and competencies
Essential Education & Experience
- An undergraduate degree (ideally in procurement or business) or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2 years professional experience in procurement an undergraduate degree (ideally in procurement or business) or equivalent experience.
- Experience of working cross culturally and in an international environment
- Ability to communicate and influence across different levels in the organisation
- Engaging and collaborative way of working
- Resilient and experienced in working in multi-faceted environment
- Business Requirement Analysis- Draw insights and engages with relevant stakeholders to build consensus on opportunities to drive value based on analysis. Identifies stakeholder roles and responsibilities and establishes how decisions will be made. Summarises and prioritises requirements to provide a clear understanding of the business needs vs wants.
- Sourcing Strategy- Seeks out and review a good sourcing strategy, discuss with line manager what made it strong and it they aligned with business objectives and the category strategy.
- Value Creation & Management- Gathers and analyses data and presents ideas and opportunities. Implements some aspects of improvement opportunities.
- Innovation- Adapts existing processes, methods and ways of working to drive efficiency. Uses digital technologies to develop new ideas, projects and opportunities.
- Digital Fluency- Employs BP's guidance, tools and methodologies for operating as a digital business
- Category Spend Profiling- Establishes links with other parts of BP to gather and test spend data to enable wider activities. Articulates how internal and external factors influences spend patterns in different sites, businesses, geographies and environments across BP; and how these insights can be incorporated into strategy.
- Product & Market Intelligence- Gathers information on product and supply markets from a variety of sources (suppliers, internal stakeholders, trade bodies and publications, industry experts, conferences, news sources and RFIs). Selects proper market intelligence data sources as relevant based on different market sectors.
- Category Strategy- Familiar with the tools and processes required within BP's Category Strategy stage/gate process.