Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Responsible for developing and implementing sourcing strategies, plans and executing bidding events, negotiating purchase contracts and supporting stakeholders in the ongoing management of suppliers, in order to deliver against sourcing and contracting project milestones and relevant PSCM targets.The GBS procurement organisation We aspire to be a world-class, business centric Procurement organization, working to support delivery of BP business and functional strategies with efficiency, effectiveness and a great stakeholder experience. GBS Procurement is pivoting to be more aligned to the delivery of BP's transformation agenda and key business drivers in the short, medium and long term.
The Strategic Sourcing Digital team manages risk and delivers value for BP's global spend on Technology based goods and services working across all functions, segments and geographies providing a unique ability to impact the business globally.
Reporting into the Strategic Sourcing Digital Manager, the Strategic Sourcing Lead is responsible for managing complex, potentially multi-region sourcing events on behalf of Supply Strategy - Digital categories including Connectivity, Automation and Enterprise Technology delivering on the needs of the business.
- Collaborates with stakeholders, suppliers and category leads to maximise value delivery and risk mitigation
- Ensure a consistent experience by utilizing strong market intelligence and running world class bids that deliver significant value for the business
- Support our key stakeholders in the most effective way to drive greater value for BP
- Drive an agile and innovative approach to supply market engagement
- Enable speed to market for new ventures, mergers & acquisitions
- Manage the sourcing process using advanced techniques and strategies
- Aligning the outcome of Sourcing events to the appropriate Category buying channel strategy to enable the business to buy quickly, easily & where it makes sense, independently
- Develop and/or articulate business requirements in line with stakeholder needs
- Plan, prepare and manage complex negotiations
- Ensuring compliance to GBS Procurement controls and contract template structures
Qualification, experience and competencies
Essential Education & Experience
- An undergraduate degree (ideally in procurement or business) or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in procurement and strategic sourcing positions required
- Experience of working cross culturally and in an international environment
- Ability to communicate and influence across different levels in the organisation
- Engaging and collaborative way of working
- Resilient and experienced in working in multi-faceted environment
- Product & Market Intelligence- Gathers and analyses information and summarises supply market information based on BPs needs and demands. Leverages the overall portfolio of the suppliers' products / services. supply market analysis, including market share.
- Sourcing Strategy- Reviews insights and suggests improvements to enhance benefit delivery and improve implementation success for sourcing strategies.
- Negotiation Plan & Preparation- Identify issues and commercial opportunities and use these to provide information and advice for the negotiating team. Identifies risks and opportunities in the negotiation.
- Project Management- Manages stakeholder expectations. Lead project execution to maximise value to BP while mitigating project risk.
- Relationship Management- Takes full ownership of engagement issues with stakeholders, monitors relationships and acts on relevant feedback. Maintains, develops and leverages long-term strategic relationships with key senior-level representatives of relevant internal and external organisations and professional groups.
- Supplier Selection- Understands suppliers market share in applicable region to help identify leverage each supplier may have in a specific region
- Negotiating- Uses a broad range of negotiation techniques and adapts style and tactics to suit the competitive or collaborative situation. Effectively manages time to BP's advantage.