Skills: Purchasing, Supply Chain Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Responsible for acting as a dedicated category resource, providing analyst support for category strategy development (category aligned) using sound category management knowledge, and conducting day-to-day procurement execution activities in order to meet the Service Level Agreements and Operational Level Agreements for procurement operations.The GBS procurement organisation aspires to be a world-class, business centric Procurement organization, working to support delivery of BP business and functional strategies with efficiency, effectiveness and a great stakeholder experience. GBS Procurement is pivoting to be more aligned to the delivery of BP's transformation agenda and key business drivers in the short, medium and long term.
Reporting to the Commercial Innovation Manager, the Commercial Innovation lead will play a part in shaping the future of category within the function building a dedicated, market facing capability for innovation that reflects the pace of change and technology disruption required to modernise the Group.
- Follow a strategic approach to identify the business need while enabling supply market engagement driving greater impact for large, transformational commercial projects
- Provide additional capacity to enable category teams to flex to transform category outcomes and drive transformational commercial programmes
- Develop pioneering ideas and methods of doing things, making connections between previously unrelated areas of spend
- Provide dedicated, market facing capability for innovation that reflects the pace of change and technology disruption required to modernise the Group
- Support the mindset shift required to transition from a traditional perspective towards an agile way of thinking, i.e. encouraging & appreciating value, speed and flexibility
- Follow an agile approach to supply market engagement to drive greater transformational impact
- Focus on business problem solving through innovation to drive new sources of value beyond cost for BP
Qualification, experience and competencies
Essential Education & Experience
- An undergraduate degree (ideally in procurement or business) or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in procurement and category management positions required
- Experience of working cross culturally and in an international environment
- Ability to communicate and influence across different levels in the organisation
- Engaging and collaborative way of working
- Resilient and experienced in working in multi-faceted environment
- Business Requirement Analysis- Uses the business requirements analysis to challenge current state, identifying opportunities that will drive value and presents these to relevant stakeholders. Use analysis to establish recommendations to the business that challenge existing specs / performance levels. Draw out conflicting requirements from stakeholders and successfully resolve.
- Sourcing Strategy- Understands how sourcing strategy is linked to business requirements, demand trends and forecasts. Involves others in the analysis phase to get different perspectives.
- Value Creation & Management- Works collaboratively to generate innovative solutions that deliver improved business results. Facilitate continuous improvement projects to add value.
- Innovation- Adapts existing processes, methods and ways of working to drive efficiency. Uses digital technologies to develop new ideas, projects and opportunities.
- Digital Fluency- Uses digital tools to organize, plan and reflect on digital data. Works with local and central specialists to collate and curate resources across digital networks.
- Category Spend Profiling- Produces structured breakdowns of historic category spend and volumes. Identifies key cost and price drivers. Conducts basic analysis and develops some insights.
- Product & Market Intelligence- Gathers and analyses information and summarises supply market information based on BPs needs and demands. Leverages the overall portfolio of the suppliers' products / services. supply market analysis, including market share.