Skills: Supply Chain Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Responsible for acting as a dedicated category resource, providing specialist support for category strategy development (category aligned) using advanced category management knowledge, and conducting day-to-day procurement execution activities in order to meet the Service Level Agreements and Operational Level Agreements for procurement operations.The Global Business Services procurement organisation aspires to be a world-class, business centric Procurement organization, working to support delivery of BP business and functional strategies with efficiency, effectiveness and a great stakeholder experience.
Reporting to the Production Director the Design & Construction Category Manager will play a part in shaping the future of the Design & Construction categories. The Design & Construction categories will focus on capital projects including buildings and refurbishments. The candidate will determine the supply strategy associated with the application of new and current Production based requirements to existing business problems or practices in line with the BP strategic agenda.
The post holder will have design & construction market expertise, excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Support delivery of BP business and functional strategies with efficiency, effectiveness and a great stakeholder experience
- Develop and own strong working relationships with senior level leaders of the key organisations across the segments and businesses
- Develop the Design & construction category strategy for which they are responsible, enabling effective and efficient operational execution while ensuring a great stakeholder experience
- Manage the health of the Design & Construction Category for which they are responsible
- Understand the implications of developments in the marketplace and evaluate how they may present opportunities or threats
- Ensure an agile and innovative approach to supply market engagement to drive greater transformational impact
- Enable optimisation of requirements while promoting transformation as the business and market allows
- Promote the mindset shift required to transition from a traditional category focus towards an agile way of thinking, i.e. encouraging & appreciating value, speed and flexibility
- Balance control & risk with driving value in line with Group priorities
Qualification, experience and competencies
Essential Education & Experience
- An undergraduate degree (ideally in procurement or business) or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in procurement and category management positions required.
- Subject matter expertise in the Design & construction supply market
- Experience of working cross culturally and in an international environment
- Ability to communicate and influence across different levels in the organisation
- Engaging and collaborative way of working
- Resilient and experienced in working in multi-faceted environment
- Business Requirements Analysis- Use understanding of stakeholder strategy and category knowledge to develop a viable, long term view of business requirements.
- Product & Market Intelligence- Uses deep knowledge of supply markets to create strong sourcing solutions. Uses supply market insights to determine future sourcing strategies for the business. Networks internally and externally and stay up to date via industry publications, conferences and events.
- Category Strategy- Acknowledged expert with deep knowledge of their category including thought leadership regarding the impact of innovation and technology. Mentors and coaches category managers / specialists / analysts / leads in the use of analytical tools. Leads governance discussions with executive sponsors regarding progress and business results.
- Business Acumen- Utilises deep understanding of business operations and commercial factors to support decision-making and prioritise opportunities to drive commercial value. Has a broad professional grasp of financial and management information and accounting procedures. Identifies new or alternative approaches to performing business activities more efficiently.