The VP for Baker Hughes Data & Analytics (D&A) team is responsible for providing leadership, expertise, structure and resources to provide best in class development and operational support for the Baker Hughes data & analytics platforms and tools. This role is accountable to work in partnership with our product companies and functional organizations to derive value generation and enterprise productivity through the use of data and advanced analytics. The leader of this organization will also drive outstanding operational metrics, processes and lead an incredible talent pool capable of driving continuous improvement and future DT leadership potential. Also responsible for efficiently scaling up the organization as additional team's scope continues to expand. Aligned with others on the digital technology leadership team, positioned to deliver outstanding improvements in operational outcomes and transform performance for key business organizations.Essential Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of data & analytics resources focused on Baker Hughes-wide platforms.
- Create a consistent communication rhythm on organization and operations status, keeping IT and business partner leadership in sync with overall initiative outcomes.
- Comfortably lead in both devops and agile team environments based on the needs of the particular platform or technology.
- Provide strategic oversight and personal develop to drive team optimization and individual team member growth
- Build & maintain strategic relationships throughout the company.
- Develop strategic roadmaps to support business growth & alignment to Baker Hughes's strategy
- Be the escalation point for any operational issues.
- Promote the Baker Hughes company culture by encouraging open communication, teamwork and living of the Baker Hughes Cultural pillars
- Establish and foster a work culture at all levels that is positive, collaborative, respectful, innovative, dynamic, with high integrity, and capable of driving positive change over sustained periods of time
- Manage day to day interactions of the D&A organization by actively leading a team of direct and indirect reports & contingent workforce
- Guide and mentor team to align individual G&Os to organizational objectives, resolve issues & deliver team commitments
- Work closely with functional partners, Baker Hughes business units and finance to define and drive process improvements
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing best practices and habits
- Develop and maintain departmental policies and procedure; ensuring appropriate metrics, controls & SOPs are in place & driving the appropriate behaviors. Manage team training programs and ensure team is well crossed trained and well-motivated to achieve
- Manage client & vendor problem resolution and escalation
- Drive adherence to Financial & IT Compliance standards (SOX, ISO) by minimizing exception processes and creating streamlined or automated solutions for gaps
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Engineering, Finance or other technical related fields
- Minimum 10 years' overall experience in Information Technology delivering high impact technology solutions
- Minimum of 5 years in applications development and/or operational environments
- Minimum of 3 years of IT leadership experience
- Demonstrated ability to operationally oversee a complex set of D&A platforms and tools
- Demonstrated ability to establish operational performance metrics and drive continuous efficiencies and improvements for systems, processes, and resources
- Demonstrated customer focus - evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer, builds strong customer relationships, creates processes with customer viewpoint and partners with customers to help shape their future initiatives
- Demonstrated experience in project or program management
- Strong analytical and strong problem-solving skills - communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions
- Dynamic leader & strong team player - collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various stakeholders
- Experience working across multiple functions and with global resources
- Legal authorization to work in designated countries is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas (or equivalent), now or in the future, for this job.
- Must be willing to travel at least 20%
- D&A leadership experience
US - Houston, TX, UK, or India
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.