Skills: Logistics Management, Supply Chain Management
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Responsible for managing a team to deliver the approach and execution plan for strategic sourcing and supplier relationship management for the relevant category, including participation in the supplier management process from initial selection to effective integration, and coordination with the relevant areas on their sourcing requirements and expectations.
Sourcing Manager (Logistics Category)
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better - and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
BP's Procurement Function
GBS Procurement is the first global function in GBS. It came into effect during 2017, working with Downstream to expand the scale of procurement activity. In 2018, Indirect Procurement joined GBS and Upstream scope was added.
What you'll be doing as a Sourcing Manager
The Sourcing Manager is accountable for the management of a Sourcing Team in GBS Procurement in support of the respective BP businesses. The Team looks after various sourcing activities in the given spend categories under his/her leadership. This includes demand management, development of the sourcing strategy and the approach to market based on predefined category strategies, source selection, contract negotiation, creation & maintenance.
If you join our Upstream Procurement Sourcing team, your responsibilities will be:
- As the professional leader of the team, role model effective sourcing execution via being involved and managing complex sourcing projects incl. supplier negotiations
- Represent the Team and the wider GBS Procurement organization in category meetings with Business Partners and Suppliers as relevant
- Populate the usage of effective and up-to-date procurement techniques, tools and practices
- Driving the evolution of the processes managed and foster the continuous improvement mind-set and culture
- Ensuring team process and procedure documentations are maintained and fit for purpose
- Ongoing tracking and reporting of value delivery
- Conducting performance appraisals with direct reports in accordance with the annual performance management cycle
- Proactively developing capability: the skills, competencies and knowledge of the team members
- Monitoring and assuring compliance to BP Business Controls and SOX requirements
Who we're looking for
The ideal candidate has a strong team leadership background, extensive experience in leading sourcing projects and proven knowledge of Logistics category, coupled with a strong commercial orientation, communication and stakeholder management skills.
In the Sourcing Manager role, we have the following requirements:
- Bachelors' degree or equivalent experience is required (preferably in business studies)
- Minimum 8 years of relevant work experience in a service delivery / manufacturing environment, in Procurement
- Minimum 6 years of end-to-end sourcing experience
- Logistics category knowledge is a must
- Minimum 3-5 years people/team leadership experience, preferably in a multinational/global environment
- Experience with e-procurement, workflow tools (Salesforce) and ERP systems, e.g. Ariba is an advantage
- English (C1) is a must. Sound knowledge in an additional European language is an advantage (especially German, Spanish, Polish, Dutch)
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across a global matrix organisations
- Proven experience in coaching and leading a team with scale and complexity
If you feel you have the relevant knowledge and skills for this role, join our team and advance your career at BP!