Skills: Document Control
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Document Controller - Stavanger, Norway
Start date: Genuinely urgent, immediate start for someone based locally
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Duration: Until 31st December 2020
Yeah you know the rhetoric, a client of Leap29 due to ongoing projects is looking to bring an experienced... well exactly. I suppose it isn't of interest really as to why the client is looking, but more who they are and what is in it for you?
They're a leading Norwegian based EPCI, probably not the one that you're thinking of but in that bracket for certain. So what's in it for you, they're one of the few companies that still have a backlog of work to boast about, and have projects mobilising throughout the 2020 season, not without complications thanks to Covid-19 I may add. They offer contract longevity, and scope for extension afterwards, combined with the confidence they have offered all staff and contractors alike recently and I would say it's one of the safer bets to take at the moment.
Something you are interested in? There is more information below.
The client here wants their Document Controller to be responsible for the day to day running of document control activities within a project which goes without saying, but in addition they will interact with project team, clients and suppliers/sub-contractors. Work location is Stavanger and the person holding this role will be situated in the document control center and report to Document Management Manager, again it must be stressed that local candidates will take precedence here just due to logistics.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Responsible for working in accordance with the Document Control Centre (DCC) procedures and methods
• Responsible for working in accordance with Customer requirements
• Responsible for making sure Suppliers and sub-contractor delver according to project requirements.
• Responsible for ensuring traceability and retrieval of documentation within projects and the company
• Assist in establishing new procedures and further develop existing procedures.
• Perform checking/quality control of documents and drawings from a DCC perspective to ensure all DCC required information is correct and present when documents are being sent out to customer.
• Responsible for assisting in training of the DCC software to other personnel in the company as needed.
• Working alongside and supporting the company LCI coordinator
• 100% position
• More than 5 years of relevant experience from the Oil & Gas industry
• Demonstrated relevant professional experience.
• Deliver high quality work to set deadlines
• Communication skills
• Able to work in team
• Service orientation
• Take ownership of received tasks
Something you are interested in?
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!