Skills: Executive, Metallurgist / Materials Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
Directs and manages the overall operations of the Metals & Minerals (M&M) P&L which includes departments such as precious metals, bulk minerals, solid fuels, steel and energy products, and assists the COO in formulating and administering organization policies by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate managers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Take full P&L responsibility for all functions within the M&M group including, but not limited to: strategic planning, business development, finance, budgeting, marketing, customer liaison, customer service, technical operations, HSE, etc.
- Maintain, grow and diversify business and customer bases.
- Meet with customers to establish satisfaction, levels of service, and requirements. Discuss new projects and quality and performance of existing projects.
- Participate in formulating and administering company policies and developing long-range goals and objectives.
- Directs and coordinates activities of the division for which responsibility is delegated to further attain goals and objectives.
- Build strong teams and coach department managers in achieving company wide, departmental, and individual goals.
- Maximize utilization of all available resources to achieve customer requirements, goals and objectives at least-cost while maintaining company quality standards.
- Review analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine division progress toward goals and objectives.
- Confers with COOs and other administrative personnel to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions. Serves as member of management committees as required.
- Generate new capital projects (CAPEX) for review/approval by the COO. Manage and control the cost and progress of the new capital projects.
- Lead implementation of capital projects, new service development and strategic initiatives while working closely with the individual departments to achieve goals and business excellence.
- Generate and present budgets for approval by COO. Ensure that monthly and quarterly accounting and financial reporting is performed correctly.
- Risk management - ability to identify, manage and mitigate risks
- Represent the company at industry functions, trade shows, and committees as necessary in order to maintain strategic partnerships and company visibility and, participation and standing within the applicable industries.
- Directly manages the overall operations of the M&M group.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; setting goals; appraising performance; disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Metrics driven and a solid decision maker.
- Possess business acumen including detailed technical knowledge and operations management.
- Well organized, disciplined and self-motivated, with the capability to balance multiple priorities in a very high paced environment.
- Broad experience in inspection related business as well as in-depth understanding of the business operation and customer base
- Comprehensive and extensive technical knowledge and quality background in commercial (third-party) laboratories
- Understanding and experience of good business management practices, including basic finance, strategy, HR, sales and marketing
- Prior experience with Minerals or Metals Commodities is a plus
- ISO17025 or ISO9001 experience
- Prior experience in Downstream Minerals Testing preferred
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in engineering or related technical field, master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of ten years laboratory and/or quality management is required.
- Five plus years P&L and business management experience required.
- Prior engineering experience in the metals/minerals industry is highly desirable.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members or the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or board of directors.
- Ability to use accounting/financial principles.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical and diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.