Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
CURRENTLY RECRUITING FOR UPCOMING / POTENTIAL WORK IN THE GOM!
Driller - Offshore GOM
LOCATION: Offshore Gulf of Mexico
ROLE SUMMARY: Supervises and directs the work of the drilling crew to ensure safe and efficient operations on the drill floor and drilling of the well bore. Operates drilling and mud circulation equipment as instructed in the well program and performs drilling, completion, and well testing operations in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- High school Diploma or Equivalent
- 2+ years experience as a Driller on a deepwater drilling rig
- 1+ years previous experience with AKER equipment
- Valid Supervisor Well Control Certification (IWCF)
- Fluent in reading and writing of the English language. Able to operate rig floor equipment utilizing HIE (Human Interface Equipment)
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks
- Competently operate all equipment at the Driller's console in a safe and professional manner
- Constantly monitor the well bore condition, interpret and respond to downhole conditions
- Direct all activities related to drilling operations in accordance with the well program
- Secure the well during an emergency or well control situation. Perform well kill operations as per instructions
- Perform well control calculations
- Responsible for the execution of first-line maintenance on the drill floor
- Maintain housekeeping in assigned areas
- Maintain accurate records of fluid management during all drilling operations
- Ensure that the drilling crew are conversant with relevant rig specific procedures, that they are understood, utilized, and recognized changes are documented
- Supervise derrick inspections and ensures they are carried out in accordance with the drops
- Maintain accurate equipment files, drilling logs, and records
- Participate in all pre-planning for drilling operations
- Updates Supervisors on drilling activities as required. Informs Toolpusher and Client Representative if any deviation from planned operations occur
- Ensure that approved rig operating procedures are adhered to at all times. Report all unsafe activities, situations, and potential hazards to supervisor
- Actively participate in the Safety Management Systems
- Mentor, develop and train crew members to ensure they are competent to work in their current job positions and where appropriate coached and prepared for the next position
- Conduct performance appraisals for subordinates. Recommend promotion, development, or disciplinary action.
Puglisevich USA is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Position DRILLER GOM Location Puglisevich USA Ltd.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: