Skills: Chemical Engineering, Laboratory Ops / Tech
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Chukai, Malaysia
Position to support Laboratory activities for Upstream Chemical product line with minimum supervision. Role will be based at Kemaman.
Roles and Responsibilities
- You will work under close supervision to deliver the following activities.
- Qualitative risk assessments and root cause analysis and corrective actions, aligned to continuous improvement, in your area of responsibility.
- Use of quality tools to monitor and improve processes.
- Support the QMS by creating, editing and reviewing documents, assuring alignment to industry and Baker Hughes standards.
- Engage with internal auditing teams and participate in audits.
- Participate in improvement initiatives.
- Participate in tender and contract reviews and the development of quality plans to support contracts.
- Handle special projects as required.
- Conduct all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes Health, Safety and Environmental policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Company Core Values.
- QAQC product testing and responsible for laboratory equipment calibration.
- Minimum Diploma in Science / Chemical Engineering / Chemistry.
- Minimum of 1 year experience Laboratory environment
- Fresh graduate encourage to apply
- Good analytical skills and fast learner.
- Good written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work and communicate well with others.
- Must be able to communicate in English.
- Understanding of quality systems and industry standards.
- Skills in quality control and calibration, business process modelling and the ability to communicate in local language are preferred.
- Familiar with MS Office
- Familiar with operating laboratory equipment ie ICP, IGS, gas chromatography, XRD equipment, water analyzer
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.