Skills: Chemical Engineering, Chemist, Laboratory Ops / Tech
Other Skills: Account Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business hence we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future.
To be responsible for all activities providing the necessary support on pre- and post-contractual administration & management, Terms & Conditions of the contract and the Management of claims. Also involves definition, management, and execution of risk modeling activities in support of the contract or project. Also involves definition, management, and execution of contract estimating processes and activities to support tenders and project reviews. Develops a year plan for its own department. Is involved in discussions with other functions and teams about improvement in processes, procedures and ways of working. Contributes to plan of larger unit.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Account Manager shall be responsible for execution of customer Process Monitoring program, inventory of chemicals on site and notification of responsible Contractor personnel to ensure uninterrupted product supply.
- Account Manager shall also monitor the chemical applications and conduct performance monitoring, and manage chemical program modifications. Duties will include supervising service technician activities to ensure all monitoring parameters are executed and chemical injection is maintained at recommended dosages with required uptime.
- Personnel shall be a part of Chemical Management Team (CMT) and shall provide remote and on-site coordination and support of Chemical Management Program activities. This includes carrying out certain offshore activities (e.g. chemical periodic assessment, project stewardship and etc.) as advised by client.
- Account Manager is expected to interface regularly with Production Operations and Operations Technical personnel and provide operation support to client. He / she shall provide support remotely and only will be required to be stationed at client office as need basis by the request of the client.
- Personnel is expected to provide assistance to Client's Technical and Operations personnel in failure root cause investigations and process upset investigations.
- He/she will be required to carry out supply chain health check on quarterly basis with operation teams.
- Managing and oversee inventory to ensure all aspects of chemical delivery and cost utilization meet Baker Hughes/client expectation.
- The personnel must have at least five (5) years' experience in a management position for an oilfield chemical company supporting offshore production field.
- Degree in either Chemical Engineering, or Chemistry and/or pure science.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability.
- Experienced in handling big project especially in oil field chemicals.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more