Company: Baker Hughes
Skills: Field Service Tech
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
At Baker Hughes, we are building a Talent Community of highly talented and motivated professionals for future job roles. If you match the described job role and are as excited as we are to have you on-board in future, please hit the apply button to be a part of our Talent Community.
As a member of our talent community, you will be amongst the first to get exclusive news about Baker Hughes, various cool projects we are working on, our employee success stories and new job opportunities you may be interested in.
The Field Specialist (Automation Technician) will service and maintain Lufkin Automation equipment under the direct supervision of the Field Services leader.
• Troubleshoot and diagnose electrical / electronic equipment
• Perform on-site installation of electrical / electronic equipment, conduit, etc.
• Use various electronic equipment and tolls including auto cranes, stud guns, etc.
• Recognize and assess a variety of well optimization issues, either on own or by calling other technical specialists
• Work with other business entities
• Subjected to work in extreme temperatures for extended periods of time
• Work in a hands on environment and able to lift 75 lbs
• Work in a constant pushing, pulling, lifting, stretching, bending and other physical activities
• Be in the shop environment a minimum of 8 hours per day, primarily standing and sitting, as required
• Travel 100% in the field to remote customer locations onshore
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 2+ years of electrical experience
• Possess or able to obtain Electrician Licensed (Journeyman or Masters Electrical License)
• Possess a valid driver's license
• Must be willing to work overtime, weekends and holidays, as required
• To the extent that you are applying for a position that requires you to operate a BH owned / leased or rented vehicle for company business, you must be willing to submit to a check of your driving record
• Ability to safely deploy to remote geographic assignment locations - onshore
• Troubleshooting skills
• Basic computer skills such as experience with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
• Ability to work independently
• Oilfield experience
• Experience working with variable speed drives
• Automation and instrumentation experience
• Meet and maintain Customer service standards and quality
• Always Follow HSE procedures
• Able to manage inventory
*Please remember that joining the Talent Community is not an application for any specific job at Baker Hughes but to have the privilege of being considered for an opportunity that suits your profile on priority.