Skills: Heavy Lift / Pipelay, Logistics Management
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: Lucrative monthly salary
A leading Client based in Oman is currently looking for a Lifting Engineer to be based in Muscat, Oman. The client is an operating company and this role will be a focal point for the existing and new operations and projects.
Provide professional Subject Matter Expertise support and coordinate all aspects of the lifting & hoisting operations executed as part of Wells, Project & Production/Logistics operations. Support the implementation of the Company HSE policies and the company's fulfilment of its duty of care responsibilities, from the planning of worksite set up throughout execution.
- This role will be Muscat based with regular visit to site as required. Proven ability to review and work with Contractors on planning and execution of non-routine complex lifts.
- Proven ability in setting up adequate Lifting and hoisting standards and procedures, systems for safe execution of work.
- Lead visits, reviews and audits of Contractors to ensure Company HSSE requirements with regards to Lifting and Hoisting operations are in place and applied in daily operations;
- Lead review of Contractor Interface documents, Lifting plans, certification of lifting equipment and gear; Emergency Response Plans with regards to Lifting and Hoisting operations;
- Assure and coordinate all aspects of Company activities in respect of Lifting and Hoisting and Mobile Heavy Equipment operations;
- Develop, implement and assure the Lifting and Hoisting related standards and operating procedures for the operating company in line with recognized international industry codes and standards, practices as well as applicable Oman regulations. Own and regularly review Company Lifting and Hoisting related requirements and documentation.
- Provide input to Company planned HAZIDs to provide expert opinion with regards to Lifting and Hoisting operations; Follow up closure of open items defined / identified during HAZIDs, Audits, Inspections, and Assurances etc. with regards to Lifting and Hoisting operations.
- Work with the respective Contract Holders for all relevant contractors to align Lifting and hoisting operations across all Company locations;
- Participate in or lead relevant Integrity reviews
- A minimum of 15 years' experience and recognised as a Lifting subject matter Expert
- Previous experience of working on major oil and gas project essential
- Proven ability to review and work with Contractors on planning and execution of non-routine complex lifts.
- As well as setting up adequate Lifting and hoisting standards and procedures, systems for safe execution of work.
- Should have relevant industry recognised certificates and qualifications
- Working for a leading international client
- Focal point for multiple operations and projects
- Lucrative monthly rate on offer
- Long-term 12 months +
- Residential role with trips to site
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.