Skills: Risk Management
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Brussels, Belgium
- Report timely and accurate daily market exposure and profit and loss for gas trading books;
- Analysis of the PNL by trading strategy and Greeks to help explain the drivers;
- Calculation of risk metrics such as VaR and stress testing;
- Analysis and understanding of the risk positions being run on the desk and ensuring these fit within the risk framework of the organisation;
- Spot and remedy any problems with relevant data (transaction, market or reference data);
- Monitor traders' adherence against their delegated authority;
- Contribute to new business initiatives, systems or process improvement projects;
- Maintain good knowledge of market;
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with different functions, especially with FO, BO, Accounting, Planning & Control and IT;
- Perform monthly and quarterly account closing and reconciliation.
Permanent local contract. We are unable to offer visa support for this role.
- Highly organised;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Flexibility to work in a rapidly changing environment;
- Good attention to detail;
- Team worker;
- Ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Results-oriented approach;
- Ability to build and nurture effective relationships internally and externally.
- University degree in Economics, Finance and/or Engineering disciplines;
- Previous work experience within market risk, preferably in an energy trading environment;
- Strong knowledge and understanding of energy markets and the financial instruments commonly used for risk management for gas;
- Knowledge of risk metrics such as VaR, stress testing, scenario analysis;
- Knowledge of ETRM systems would be an advantage (specifically Endur);
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, preferably working with VBA and programming of macros;
- Flexibility in working hours is required;
- Full command of English language (spoken and written) and one of the local languages (French or Dutch).
About Eni Trading & Shipping (ETS)
Eni Trading & Shipping (ETS) is dedicated to commodity trading, providing services to third-party customers as well as Eni's divisions. As a centre of excellence for trading in crude oil, natural gas and refined products, ETS has a global presence and is active in all European markets as well as in America, Africa and Asia. Integrity, transparency and social responsibility underpin our work, and our team is made up of talented, motivated and skilled individuals across London, Brussels, Amsterdam, Singapore, Rome and Houston. ETS and its top management are headquartered in London, with a steadily growing staff pool of 148 employees, with another 370 internationally. Our integrated model will create a global centre of excellence for Eni's trading and commodities risk control.
With ETS you'll join an international business in a multicultural setting, immerse yourself in a fast-paced trading environment and gain a broad depth of knowledge to help shape your own career path.
Compensation and benefits
At Eni we reward our people by providing comprehensive remuneration packages, along with a number of desirable benefits which are benchmarked against the industry and local markets, covering areas such as health, insurance, transport, finance, education, leisure and food.
We are committed to taking care of our people, supporting lifestyles and behaviors that nurture health and well-being. We offer competitive pension plans, incentive systems and health care cover, and provide an enhanced work-life balance through a wide range of initiatives and services.
Our mission and values
Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations. Inspired by the UN's Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), our mission is clear: We are an energy company with the goal of preserving our planet and promoting sustainable access to energy for all. We aim to achieve this through our work, which is based on passion, innovation and the extraordinary strength of our people. Learn more about Eni's mission in our video:
Together, we have a greater energy.
Welcome to Eni – and your future with a dynamic global business that operates across the entire energy supply chain. Eni’s 30,000 employees can be found on virtually every continent. Throughout the 67 countries we operate in, we work on some of the most significant energy projects in the world.
Our activities span oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as the supply, trading and shipping of natural gas, LNG, electricity, fuels and chemical products.
We’ve grown dramatically since our beginnings in 1953, but we’ve stayed true to our roots in many ways. Today we may be one of the largest companies in Italy and among the world’s most successful oil and gas companies in exploration, but our culture remains genuinely people-focused. Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations.
As for the future, we’re adapting to rapidly shifting market conditions as we complete our transformation into a fully integrated oil and gas company. Through our strong commitment to digitalisation and decarbonisation, Eni will continue to create sustainable value within this changing energy landscape.
We’re not only one of the world’s most successful energy companies — we pride ourselves on being a dynamic and exciting place to work as well. If you join us, you’ll play a key role in shaping the energies of the future.
At Eni you’ll enjoy a progressive, inclusive and forward-thinking environment, and a wide range of benefits and rewards. We care about our people's growth, which is why we invest in talent and offer development pathways to give everyone the same opportunity to flourish with us.
Reasons to join us
- Take on exciting challenges: Eni's focus is on big and ambitious projects. You'll take on challenging but rewarding work to help us extract energy at depths never reached before.
- A multicultural working environment: You’ll join a dynamic setting with cutting-edge facilities, the latest technology, and a rich and interesting mix of people from all backgrounds and specialisms.
- Make a difference in the world: Our purpose extends further than supplying energy to power the world. Sustainable development and respect for the environment is at the heart of everything that we do.
- Training and career growth: We provide training opportunities at the highest standard and encourage self-development, both in a personal capacity and a professional one.
- Compensation and incentive programmes: We reward you for your commitment and success through our competitive compensation policy, which is bespoke to each location’s local regulations.
- Pension programmes: Depending on your location, you could enrol in one of our contributory pension programmes.