Skills: Chemist, Laboratory Ops / Tech
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
Location: Greater Baton Rouge, LA area
Description: This position is primarily supporting the analytical requirements of all block assets, although work permitting, may assist other quality staff members or lab operators in other tasks. The priority is to ensure all finished products, raw materials, and wastes meet all specifications. This is accomplished by performing analytical measurements and reviewing results generated by operations.
- Practice good housekeeping in all areas of responsibilities
- Positive Identification
- Perform all operations in the lab per ISO-9011/Good Manufacturing Practices, current documented lab procedures, and environmental and OSHA regulations
- Provide support as needed to management and operations team to support needs of the plant
- Perform job tasks safely as outlined in the SOP.
- Running Controls per L9
- Compliance of Data Integrity
- Participate in retain management program
- Routinely collect, report, and address SHE near misses
- Ensure all required regulatory and job specific training is completed in a timely manner
- Maintain laboratory environment by ensuring proper housekeeping in lab area including retain storage building.
- Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- B.S. in Chemistry (preferred) or other technical, science-based fields.
- 2 - 7 years plant experience
- Basic technical competence in standard laboratory techniques
- Able to work in fast-paced and growing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Motivated, self-starter who desires success
- Responsive to questions and needs in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, SAP and LIMS
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and to appropriately prioritize workload based upon organization needs
- Ability to work overtime as necessary
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.