Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Business Development, Sales, Captain / Master
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Based on Experience
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Senior Manager, Business Development, Chartering & Contracts Opportunity
Since 1976, Signet Maritime has been the industry leader delivering quality marine transportation and logistics services to customers worldwide. The award-winning company operates a diverse fleet of assets specifically designed for multi-disciplinary work including ship-assist, ship escort, towing, offshore support, subsea and rig moves. Signet is Certified to ISO 9001:2015, ISM, STCW-2010, SIGTTO, MTSA, SEEMP and 46 CFR Subchapter M; in addition to meeting all applicable USCG, SOLAS, MARPOL, and EPA requirements. Its award-winning shipyard provides quality construction, repair and engineering services to the maritime industry, capable of dry-docking seven (7) vessels simultaneously. A recent $7.5M infrastructure expansion allows total construction in a protected environment with 600-ton Marine Travelift.
The company is headquartered in Houston, Texas, and currently has six (6) fleet locations in the US Gulf of Mexico. For more information, please visit us at SignetMaritime.com.
The Senior Manager, Business Development, Chartering & Contracts is responsible for creating and building client relationships to maximize asset utilization with improved profit margins and develop new charters with enforceable contracts.
- Develop and facilitate the proposal process for specific client and new business including estimated cost analysis, budget and pricing development, proposal writing, contract negotiations and client presentations.
- Establish and maintain on-going client relationships with various parties to anticipate and mitigate potential problems.
- Engage 50% of time in off-property client visits, site visits, cold calls, in efforts of negotiating and implementing new business charters to increase Signet profits.
- Create Business Development strategic goals and objectives to generate new business and chartering contracts.
- Responsible for contributing to the corporate strategic growth plan via annual business audits, evaluations, and submission of multi-year business plans.
- Responsible for creating professional presentation and promotional materials to introduce company products and services in a proficient manner.
- Responsible for Sales/Margin/Profit growth.
- Collaborate with all Signet offices and coordinate strategic efforts for creation of customer and Signet protective contracts (BIMCO, Manuscript & Tariff) in conjunction with Signet Corporate Counsel.
- Provide training to sales, marketing and public relations toward understanding the many facets of the marine industry in order to promote growth within the organization.
- Manage accurate databases, marketing reports, contact records and customer contacts.
Job knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Performance and results driven
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent customer service and relationship-building skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously
- Computer literate, high level of accuracy and maintain good organizational skills
- High energy level, motivating, outgoing social and enthusiastic personality
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's degree from a highly accredited university/college/academy is REQUIRED
- Minimum degree cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Maritime Academy graduate preferred
- Having (or held) a USCG License with sailing experience preferred
- Minimum five (5) years' experience in business development, sales support or quotes/proposal position
- Background in the Maritime Industry or Oil & Gas Industry preferred
- Valid US Passport required
- 15% customer service-related travel, US & abroad
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Signet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and promotes diversity in the workplace.
- The selected applicant will be subject to successfully passing a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check.
- Signet is a tobacco & smoke free company.