Skills: Business Analyst, Energy / Commodity Trading, Financial Analyst
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- P erform daily validation, making sure all physical crudes and products and oil derivatives transactions are captured and validated according to company procedures;
- Daily validation of relevant price information (spot/forward), making sure all relevant market data information is validated according to company procedures;
- Support the oil physical and financial end of day process in the relevant ETRM systems, guaranteeing the timely generation of Position and PNL reporting;
- Checks on unauthorized trades and monitoring of mandates/limits (tenor/quantity/value etc.);
- Daily market conformity controls to monitor both physical and financial oil transactions;
- Ensure compliance with all internal and external regulations;
- Month-end and quarter-end checks for physical and financial oil;
- Support automation efforts by driving greater use of systems within the Oil Trade Control team, eliminating manual spreadsheets and fully supporting the implementation of relevant controls directly into the trade capture systems;
- Work with ICT to drive necessary developments;
- Act as dedicated MO interface with confirmation/contracts/operations departments;
- Support the Middle Office function regarding New Products/Non Standard deal approval;
- Monitor procedural compliance for the new financial regulations (EMIR/Dodd Franck) on first level control execution (reporting, reconciliation);
- Build good working relationship with internal (FO, BO, Risk, IT, Finance, Sox, Audit, Compliance etc.) and relevant external stakeholders (auditors, clearers, brokers etc.);
- Act as a back-up to cover other trade control members across the Trade Control team.
Permanent local contract. We are unable to offer visa support for this role.
- Highly organised;
- Good attention to detail;
- Ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Results-oriented approach;
- Ability to build and nurture effective relationships internally and externally;
- Ideally, you'll have experience in all commodities but we will consider experienced candidates who have a strong bias in one particular commodity;
- Relevant experience within a Product Control/Market Risk/Middle Office/Risk management environment in an oil trading company or financial institution;
- Exposure to financial instruments related to Oil & Refined products;
- Advanced knowledge of risk metrics and internal control systems applicable for oil physical and financial transactions;
- Knowledge of control processes applicable in a trading/regulated environment;
- Advanced knowledge of exchanges (i.e. ICE, CME, NYMEX, DME), Platt's Market on Close (MOC), E-window, and any other trading platform;
- Knowledge of market venues, their practices and procedures, especially in relation to product/trader setup and the systems interfaces between the exchange and the trading business;
- Knowledge of financial hedging on Oil & Products;
- Knowledge of one or more IT systems would be an advantage (i.e. Endur);
- Strong and solid knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including excellent Excel and VBA skills, Matlab knowledge is a plus;
- Strong academic credentials with a numeracy-oriented specialisation, preferably finance or quantitative discipline;
- Understanding of the commodities markets, preferably physical crude and products markets;
- Full command of English language (written and spoken). Knowledge of Italian would be beneficial.
About Eni Trading & Shipping (ETS)
Eni Trading & Shipping (ETS) is dedicated to commodity trading, providing services to third-party customers as well as Eni's divisions. As a centre of excellence for trading in crude oil, natural gas and refined products, ETS has a global presence and is active in all European markets as well as in America, Africa and Asia. Integrity, transparency and social responsibility underpin our work, and our team is made up of talented, motivated and skilled individuals across London, Brussels, Amsterdam, Singapore, Rome and Houston. ETS and its top management are headquartered in London, with a steadily growing staff pool of 148 employees, with another 370 internationally. Our integrated model will create a global centre of excellence for Eni's trading and commodities risk control.
With ETS you'll join an international business in a multicultural setting, immerse yourself in a fast-paced trading environment and gain a broad depth of knowledge to help shape your own career path.
Compensation and benefits
At Eni we reward our people by providing comprehensive remuneration packages, along with a number of desirable benefits which are benchmarked against the industry and local markets, covering areas such as health, insurance, transport, finance, education, leisure and food.
We are committed to taking care of our people, supporting lifestyles and behaviors that nurture health and well-being. We offer competitive pension plans, incentive systems and health care cover, and provide an enhanced work-life balance through a wide range of initiatives and services.
Our mission and values
Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations. Inspired by the UN's Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), our mission is clear: We are an energy company with the goal of preserving our planet and promoting sustainable access to energy for all. We aim to achieve this through our work, which is based on passion, innovation and the extraordinary strength of our people. Learn more about Eni's mission in our video:
Together, we have a greater energy.
Welcome to Eni – and your future with a dynamic global business that operates across the entire energy supply chain. Eni’s 30,000 employees can be found on virtually every continent. Throughout the 67 countries we operate in, we work on some of the most significant energy projects in the world.
Our activities span oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as the supply, trading and shipping of natural gas, LNG, electricity, fuels and chemical products.
We’ve grown dramatically since our beginnings in 1953, but we’ve stayed true to our roots in many ways. Today we may be one of the largest companies in Italy and among the world’s most successful oil and gas companies in exploration, but our culture remains genuinely people-focused. Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations.
As for the future, we’re adapting to rapidly shifting market conditions as we complete our transformation into a fully integrated oil and gas company. Through our strong commitment to digitalisation and decarbonisation, Eni will continue to create sustainable value within this changing energy landscape.
We’re not only one of the world’s most successful energy companies — we pride ourselves on being a dynamic and exciting place to work as well. If you join us, you’ll play a key role in shaping the energies of the future.
At Eni you’ll enjoy a progressive, inclusive and forward-thinking environment, and a wide range of benefits and rewards. We care about our people's growth, which is why we invest in talent and offer development pathways to give everyone the same opportunity to flourish with us.
Reasons to join us
- Take on exciting challenges: Eni's focus is on big and ambitious projects. You'll take on challenging but rewarding work to help us extract energy at depths never reached before.
- A multicultural working environment: You’ll join a dynamic setting with cutting-edge facilities, the latest technology, and a rich and interesting mix of people from all backgrounds and specialisms.
- Make a difference in the world: Our purpose extends further than supplying energy to power the world. Sustainable development and respect for the environment is at the heart of everything that we do.
- Training and career growth: We provide training opportunities at the highest standard and encourage self-development, both in a personal capacity and a professional one.
- Compensation and incentive programmes: We reward you for your commitment and success through our competitive compensation policy, which is bespoke to each location’s local regulations.
- Pension programmes: Depending on your location, you could enrol in one of our contributory pension programmes.