Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Researches and interprets tax regulation and resource literature to determine customer tax status and answer customers' and Opco inquiries with some assistance from the team lead.
- Obtains proper exemption certificates to legally support tax analysis.
- Performs compensating controls to ensure correct customer taxability.
- Sets up and maintains customer taxability in ERP and tax systems.
- Extracts, analyzes and summarizes sales, inventory and Opco data from BW reporting system and other sources to prepare excise tax returns. Calculates and reconciles tax liability and file tax returns accordingly.
- Articulates regulations and procedures to handle inquiries from internal and external counterparties including Government Agencies.
- + 4 years of finance or accounting work experience (e.g. accounts payables, accounts reconciliation, inventory, fixed assets, general ledger, intercompany, exchange accounting, credits and receivables, Audit)
- + 1 year of local taxes experience
- Advanced English level
- Finance, accounting or business administration degree, students finalizing their careers will be also considered.
- Analytical thinking to understand discrepancies or inaccurate documentation and make necessary adjustments. Able to explain the financial/tax impact of the accounting entries made.
- Detail -oriented.
- Fluent in ERP/Tax systems or PC applications.
- Clear oral/written English skills to respond or solicit information within and outside work groupAble to set priorities and manage multiple deadlines.
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.