Skills: Construction Manager
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: $40000 per annum
An International contracting firm in Qatar is looking to hire a Construction Manager to join its expanding team
The incumbent will manager the execution for the design and build out commercial solar projects with a focus on the following aspects:
1. Provide leadership and manages the operational and financial aspects of solar construction projects and is the primary liaison with the cilents project management team.
2. The manager facilitates and ensures a safe, quality and efficient product is delivered. They ensure standardized work plans and methods are adhered to, safety and risk management policies are followed, daily and weekly schedule and financial information is reviewed with the site team.
3. Support the PM through the execution phase of the project by hosting regular subcontractor meetings, ensure design and documentation is up to date, help manage procurement and logistics, coordinate inspections, conduct regular site visits and other aspects of project execution is being conducted on time to ensure proper project close out.
4. Regularly enforce EHS standards. CM will conduct regular safety audits, coordinate with EHS department, ensure proper safety documentation and signage on site.
5. CM to enforce EHS standards, EHS plans, OSHA requirements and compliance on site with contractors and all other personnel.
6. Ensure environmental signage is posted, erosion control standards are in place and environmental standards and permits are being followed.
7. Coordinate procurement, inventory, deliveries on site equipment. This includes participating in and assisting with logistics.
1. Bachelors degree in Construction management, Engineering or equivalent combination of education and exprerience.
2. Previous experience managing large scale solar construction projects.
3. Will possess an additional 10 years of industrial construction project experience, and knowledge of construction techniques, estimating and construction management.
4. Formal project management training, and PMP are highly desired.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.