Skills: Ships Deckhand / Deck Crew, Ships Mate / Officer, FPSO / FPU
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
Reports To: Marine Coordinator
Location: Offshore Newfoundland
Date Issued: April 23rd 2020
Job Summary: Maintain a safe and effective watch of vessel control systems in central control room and maintaining a navigational bridge watch.
- Previous Experience as a 2nd officer
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the Shipping or Oil & Gas Industry with 3 years' experience in Oil Tanker and/or FPSO Operations
- Canadian Watch Keeping Mate Certificate
- Oil Tanker endorsement Level 2
- Valid GDMSS Certificate
- Basic Survival Training
- H2S Alive
- Organizational, planning and team-working skills
- knowledge of offshore operations
- Knowledge of current offshore legislation
- Considered an Asset:
- Chief Mate Intermediate Voyage Certificate of Competency,
- Crude Oil Washing Certificate,
- Inert Gas Certificate,
- Experience as a Chief Engineer,
- Oil Tanker and/or FPSO Experience greater than 5 years
- Participate in Emergency Response (ER) duties/scenarios, filling in as Ballast Control, Assistant Coxswain, Coxswain or Weather Observer
- Enter and track maintenance notifications in Systems, Applications and Products (SAP)
- Monitor and Control of Differential and Absolute Reference Positioning System (DARPS)
- Operation of loading computer and stress monitoring
- Ensure FPSO is in stable condition at all times having due regard to draft, trim and list
- Conduct cargo calculations and ensure required data documented
- Control of cargo and ballast operations
- Distribution and control of inert gas to cargo and ballast tanks
- Crude oil washing operations
- Observer collision avoidance procedures, ie. radar and monitoring weather observations, having due regard to present conditions and forecast
- Liaison with ice observer regarding prevalent ice conditions
- responsible for weather observations and all aspects of helicopter operations including radio communications
- Radar and radio watchkeeping, including the monitoring and testing of GMDSS equipment and logs.
- Operation of CCR telecommunications with standby vessels, shuttle tankers, vessel operators, crane operators, maintenance crews and other relevant traffic
- Assist with all crude oil wash and tank cleaning operations
- Assist with the planning and execution of tank entries within area of authority
- Other Duties as Required
The above is intended as a summary of the key requirements for the position and is not intended to be complete list of all duties and responsibilities.
It is the objective of Puglisevich and its client to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications, and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Position Marine Technician - NL Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL
This position is currently accepting applications.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: