Skills: Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Makati City, Philippines
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Develop detailed scope for inspection companies based on previous tank history, API 653/ILAST.
- Verifies remaining life calculation, repair recommendations
- Advises any errors in data and report to inspection company
- Develops repair scope based on inspection report/API 653 or reviews repair scope submitted by the contractor
- Reviews cost estimate, BOQ, work method, material spec, welding procedures, ITP before work execution
- Assess and approves all specified repair/alteration work at designated hold points
- Verifies repairs/alterations completed in accordance with provided scope and ITP
- Reviews post-repair inspection report for completeness (as per ILAST and API653) and accuracy
- Advises any changes e.g. remaining bottom life, next inspection interval calculation to inspection company
- A Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years of tank engineering experience - including comprehensive reviews of calculations and drawings for all tank components (per API 650, 653, 2000 and other related codes and standards).
- A minimum of 3 years of storage terminal, refinery and/or process plant engineering experience.
- Proven understanding of tank construction and repair projects from inception (for new tanks) or cleaning (for existing tanks) to start up/commissioning.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be flexible in supporting the needs of the facilities as priorities change with the specific business needs.
- Upto date with technological advancement such as drone, in service inspection tools, UT crawlers etc.
- Proven ability to teach/mentor others.
- Demonstrated good written and oral communication skills in English
- Willingness to embrace Chevron Way behavior including supporting diversity and inclusion, leadership, teamwork, and customer focus.
Relocation will be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.