Skills: Business Development, Financial Analyst, PR / Corporate Communications
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
The Senior Manager - Investor Relations works under the guidance of the Vice President - Investor Relations and Corporate Communications and will serve as a spokesperson to the investment community and the financial media. The Senior Manager - Investor Relations will assist in the planning, development and implementation of a variety of activities including company messaging, investor targeting and shareholder base analysis. In addition, the Senior Manager - Investor Relations will conduct market, peer and customer analysis, and assist with the preparation of materials for executive management and the Board of Directors.
- Minimum of seven years of experience in investor relations for a public company or equivalent capital markets experience
Education, Training, Licenses and/or Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in finance or relevant business degree required; MBA in finance or relevant business degree preferred
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with all disclosure rules and regulations, e.g. SEC Regulation FD
- Develop messages and materials for investors, analysts and financial media, including press releases, conference call scripts, presentations, fleet status reports, contracting updates, etc.
- Prepare for and manage investor events including conference calls, investment conferences, one-on-one meetings and executive management interviews
- Track and analyze securities analysts' financial models and research on the company
- Benchmark company performance against peer group
- Gather and analyze information regarding customers, markets, supply/demand dynamics and macroeconomic factors that influence company performance
- Prepare shareholder base analysis and other information for executive management and the Board of Directors
- Identify potential new investors and plan non-deal roadshows
- Support the preparation of SEC filings with the legal and accounting staff
- Assist other departments with internal/external communications, and select marketing and government relations activities
- Collaborate with business divisions to gain ongoing knowledge of company and industry
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Requirements for this position
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Exhibit appropriate demeanor and judgment in handling challenging situations
- Ability to comfortably interact with executive and senior management as well as the investment community
- Capable of managing time-sensitive projects through the coordination of multiple resources and working effectively across all levels of organization and with outside consultants
Minimum Requirements for all Valaris positions
- Commitment to Valaris' high standard of safety and willing and able to comply with all safety laws, as well Valaris' safety policies standards and procedures
- Able to display commitment to Valaris' safety culture through personal behavior and willingness to influence others
- Must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel
- Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively
- Must have excellent team-working and organizational skills
- Work effectively alone or as part of a team on projects
- Exercise sound judgments and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions
- Maintain flexible attitude and approach towards assignments and successfully operate under ambiguous guidelines.
- Able to maintain regular and acceptable attendance
- Available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as determined necessary to meet business needs
- PC proficiency required - competency with Microsoft Office Software suite version 2007 or greater
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Valaris is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other non-job related factors.
Valaris was created by the combination of two leading offshore drillers with decades of experience and knowledge to create the most capable, effective and highest performing offshore drilling service company in the world. We provide drilling services across all water depths with unmatched scale, geographic presence and customer relationships.
Our diverse rig fleet of ultra-deepwater drillships, versatile semisubmersibles and modern shallow-water jackups is capable of meeting a wide spectrum of customers’ well program requirements. Our rig fleet is among the most technologically advanced in the industry and our well-trained crews perform at the highest levels in the most challenging offshore environments.
Our customers include many of the largest offshore exploration and production companies including major integrated energy companies, national oil companies and independent operators. With an unwavering focus on safety and dedicated offshore and onshore employees, we provide innovative solutions and aim to deliver excellence to customers in everything that we do.