Skills: QA / QC / Inspection, Workshop
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: McGregor, Texas, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is searching for a QA/QC Coordinator with experience in the oil and gas industry.
Working in the Fabrication Shop in McGregor, TX hourly position with no per diem offered so should live locally.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
This position will primarily be responsible for working with the Project Manager to ensure the management of the quality standards for piping and fabrication projects for oil and gas customers:
- Assure that all incoming materials and components used in construction meet clients' quality standards
- Gather relevant construction data and documentation in the shop in order to complete job books
- Assist in fulfilling customer contract expectations with respect to compliance and standards
- Work-in-progress inspections in order to verity that work has been completed in accordance with project quality requirements.
- Maintenance of project documentation in both electronic and hard copy form and provide copies for files and client.
Skills / Qualifications
EDUCATION AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of relevant Gas and Pipeline work history; highly proficient in all gas operation procedures
- Must be able to work independently while demonstrating strong leadership qualities, an attention to detail, document control and organization, handling and process criteria
- Ability to prioritize, plan, perform and communicate activities in both written and verbal form
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Portfolio, MS Excel and Word
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Valid driver's license
- Must be detail-oriented
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Experience with Smart Weld Program
- Material management (storage, preservation, traceability and maintenance on site)
- Basic knowledge pertaining to welding, hydrostatic testing, coating and torqueing
- Assist in implementing quality assurance and quality control standards
- Project turnover and close out
- This position will require the ability to work in an office setting and on active shop/construction sites.
- This position includes, but is not limited to, significant time standing or walking on uneven ground, possible climbing of ladders or being in high places, working in tight spaces and, in general, is overall physically demanding
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.