Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position ofITC Upstream ITSolution Engineering andServices- Software Engineer (Dynamics 365)located in Buenos Aires
High Level Job Description & Scope:
TheUpstream IT Solution Engineering and Services - Drilling and Completions Teamprovides application development and support services for the D&C Function with business enabling solutions guided by Chevron's information protection and technical standards.The team also enables effective global support models by partnering with global teams for globally deployed applications.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Works very closely with business SMEs in both Upstream Functions and SBUs.
- Participate in all phases of Software Development LifeCycle.
- Develop software solution leveraging established Chevron technology standards and collaborate with internal partners to develop new technology standards as needs arise.
- Design and develop data engineering, data integration and data management practices and tools
- Maintain working knowledge of the latest software engineering tools and practices for continuous integration, unit tests, static and dynamic profiling, code coverage, code analysis, and automated tests.
- Collaborate with other product teams to develop and share reusable software components and services, implement consistent automated builds and integrated builds, including managing build servers, build schedules, and build qualities
- Provides full support of applications for break-fix, install, move, add, change, and preventative maintenance activities.
- Ensures adherence to IT Service Management (ITSM) incident and change management processes for application delivery
- Assist and support data / information and application integration
- Provide basic business analysis on enhancement requests, document requirements and develop/deploy new functionality
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related technical field.
- 3+ years of experiencewith Software Development Lifecycle (planning, requirements, design, development, testing, deployment, and maintenance)
- 1+ year of experience in power platform, such as Power App (Model Driven and Canvas), CDS, Plugins, Web Resource and Power BI
- Familiar with Visual Studio 15 and later, SQL Server Management Studio, VSTS, ADO pipelines
- Familiar with Object Oriented Design and Object Oriented Programing
- Knowledge of DevOps, Prototyping, AGILE/Scrum,service-oriented architecture/microservices.
- Knowledgeable on one or more development platforms (Microsoft, Linux/Unix, Cloud, Mobile).
- The successful candidate is result oriented and able to form strong partnership with business and project teams.
- Some familiarity on data engineering/data management practices and tools
- Highly motivated and a self-starter. Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a diverse team. Ability to manage or work on multiple projects and tasks at one time. Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, prioritize requests, and work independently while producing quality work. Flexible and adaptable when priorities shift due to changing situations
What Do I Gain From This Assignment?
- Excellent opportunity to learn or improve upon Upstream knowledge.
- Individualwill beassigned to be a member of a dynamic team (Upstream Software Factory)that develops, implements and operates (during product lifecycle) innovative software solutions that integrate, automate or otherwise simplify upstream business processes and workflows.
- Excellent role to develop software engineering skills and upstream domain knowledge.
Critical Selection Criteria:
Technical Depth and Breadth
- Experience providing application development and programming support for upstream domain areas is highly preferred.Knowledge of development technologies and methodologies is preferred (Microsoft, Java, DBMS, system and data integration, DevOps, Prototyping, AGILE/Scrum,object-oriented design and development, service-oriented architecture/microservices).
- Familiar with Chevron IRM/IRSM processes and related technical standards and controls is a plus.
- Knowledge of common upstream systems of record is preferred, including underlying database technologies, structures, and implementation(Energy Components, Wellview, IWM/CAC, WPH, OSIsoft PI, Catalyst, ProSource).
- Familiarityof data foundation technologies and an understanding of Upstream workflows, Well Reliability & Optimization and IOC workflows preferred.
- Experience working with software development teams in support of Chevron upstream applications is alsopreferred.
Knowledge of Chevron application systems and tools
- Drilling & Completions experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience developing and deploying upstream applications to multiple business units is a plus
- Demonstrated experience working to configure vendor solutions, integration of data and systems and successfully integrate backend systems (procurement...) with field systems of records (maintenance, inspection...).
- Successful candidate should possessknowledge ofIT development, deployment and support best practices along with an understanding of Chevron's application support environments.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated experience in critical thinking and problem solving as well as the ability to handle urgent and multiple competing priorities.
- Acts with sense of urgency.
- Consistently delivers high quality deliverables and has a strong customer facing approach including demonstrated ability to work with functional experts to develop complex visualizations, models and/or integration patterns.
- Strong written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively on teams, respecting other opinions, valuing diversity, building consensus and assisting others to accomplish team goals and objectives.
- Able to foster collaboration and teamwork between individuals or groups across organizational and geographic boundaries gaining commitment and following through to results.
- Resolves business partner issues and escalates issues when necessary.
- Seeks to understand, educate and build collaborative relationships with business partners.
- Vendor management skills - foster partnership and ensure vendor accountability.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.