Position: Project Manager USA
Reporting Structure: USA Operations & International Project TeamSUMMARY:
Project Manager for a greenfield CAPEX project located in the Houston area, integrating and becoming part of the design and construction team in China. Responsible for the US implementation of the design as well as all the regulatory, OSHA and contractor activities on site. Key metrics will be safety and adherence to the project timeline and project budget. KEY INTERFACES (
- Employees, managers, executives, both in the USA and in China
- Participate with the China team in designing the process for the USA and responsible to make sure that the design is compliant with US best practices, OSHA and operationally efficient given the US work environment
- Must participate in all model reviews and sign off on the designs
- Must evaluate the design to assure optimal ease of maintenance and define and gain approval for the spare parts needed on the site
- Responsible for the timeline and budget associated with the project implementation in the US.
- Responsible for leading the commissioning and hand-over of the unit to operations.
- Responsible for finalizing and creating a file for all as built drawings, PNID's, and other project documentation
- Responsible for all HSES issues on the site until the turnover to operations
- Responsible for gaining all environmental and other permits with the governments that impact the project
- Must manage and control all activities of the contractors on the site
- Team Player/Leader : across functional teams; partnering and sharing information, experience and knowledge.
- Strategic Business Vision: to understand end goals of the project and impacts of work results.
- Innovation: propose alternatives, solutions, and optimization ideas not in previously foreseen.
- Business Excellence: proposes and implements improvements in the work methods in the area.
- Sense of ownership: feels owner of the process. Accountability for results and enlistment of partners.
- A strong positive "can do attitude".
- BS in Chemical Engineering
- 5-10+ years relevant related industrial experience in all phases of chemical projects in the US
- Experience in implementing modular projects in the US
- Understanding of relevant regulatory issues in chemical operations in the US
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High proficiency in Microsoft applications, DCS systems, PSM software.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Working on a multinational team on a chemical project is a plus
- Working in a start-up environment is a plus
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.