Baker Hughes offers the opportunity as an experience Compensation & Benefits Team Lead to join the team in Kuala Lumpur.
- Lead and supervise a team of Compensation & Benefit analysts.
- Review the monthly payroll variance submission from in country and review reports for payroll submission.
- Manage and supervise team members in handling the closing activities ensuring that they are completed in time and accordance to the set guideline.
- Prepares, document and keep up to date processes for accounting role.
- Support and approve the monthly balance sheet reconciliations prepared by the Baker Hughes team. Ensure the team provide support to Accenture in regards to reconciliations prepared by Accenture.
- Manage and supervise team members in handling monthly closing analysis of various company codes which involves analysis of other general accounts as well on a regular basis and advising improvements and corrective actions.
- Implements best practices in Global Finance Center (GFC), process improvement and standard processes which benchmark global best practices.
- Works closely with External and Internal Auditors to assist in completion of all audits.
- Manage relationship with HR, local finance and HR Payroll to ensure the team timely submission of payment for payroll variances.
- Manage ad hoc projects for process improvement and robotic process automation (RPA).
- Any other duties as required
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor Degree in Accountancy/Finance or equivalent professional qualification (ACCA/CPA)
- Minimum 5 - 8 years' experience in General Accounting / Compensation & Benefits Accounting.
- Possesses and applies knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
- Possess strong analytical skills with proactive mind-set, with the ability to bring expert advice and problem solving skills to the team.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with excellent spoken and written in English that enable effective working relationships with people from a wide variety of cultural backgrounds.
- Self-starter with ability to work under minimum supervision and tight deadlines.
- Ability to champion and implement process improvements.
- Team-player and customer-centric attitude.
- Computer literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Office and computerized accounting software, knowledge in SAP will be added advantage.
- Ability to handle multiple activities successfully.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia