Provides preventive and breakdown maintenance for the Octane Engines including periodic overhauling and carbon blasting.
- Inspects and monitors the performance of the octane engines on a daily basis to ensure they are 'fit-for-purpose.
- Performs the overhauling of the octane engines to ensure engines are in good condition and available at any minute testing.
- Performs carbon blasting of the engines to narrow the testing tolerance and ensure that it is not exceeded, and hence to generate accurate data.
- Temperature tune engines to ensure compliance with CFR test methodology.
- Coordinates the replacement of the empty reference solvents drums at the solvent manifold to ensure the availability of these solvents for testing.
- Performs the octane testing of the gasoline components and finished products during product blending and loading to ensure that the released products meet the desire quality.
- Carries out regular calibration of three Jet Fuel MSEP analysers to ensure that the obtained MSEP results are reliable.
- Handles the testing and reports preparation of the IP Motor Gasoline Cross Check Program samples on monthly basis to ensure that the octane testing is under control.
- Develops statistical Process Control Charts for each of the 4 CFR engines to monitor their performance and to assist in the identification of any operational malfunctions.
- BSc degree in Chemistry / Physics - an aptitude for precision mechanical engineering is required.
- 5 years experience in the operation and maintenance of CFR motor and research octane engines.
- Thorough with MON & RON test methods and the hazards involved with the solvents and materials used.
- English proficiency and thorough understand of test methodology and procedure writing