Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta, Canada
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a large Oil and Gas operator, is currently seeking a Field Piping Engineer for a contract role in Fort Saskatchewan, AB. The individual must be local or have their own accommodations, as no LOA is given.
- Develop or support development of construction work packages, contractor scopes and drive them to completion within budget and schedule allowed.
- Coordinate needs/requirements with engineering, module yard and fabrication teams.
- Assist contractors with clarification, interpretation, interference resolution and QA/QC related matters.
- Ensure instructions, drawings and specifications for scope changes are issued in a timely manner to support contractors and execution.
- Be fully versed with the design drawings, specifications and construction contracts.
- Ensure construction conforms to the drawings and specifications and that consistent construction practices are followed in all areas.
- Maintain or heavily support maintenance of as-builts and QA binders.
- Assist the project team with the reviews and estimates for contract extras and monitoring the actual daily costs submitted by the Contractors.
- Monitor the 3-week look-ahead schedules submitted by the Contractors and reporting deviations and activities not being met by the Contractors to the Construction Manager.
- Monitor the Contractors' approved Quality Control Programs; performing all inspections required through to the equipment tagging procedure: the civil works, concrete pours, steel erection, equipment installations, piping, testing, HVAC, electrical and instrumentation check-out and testing and assist with the pre-commissioning program.
- Submit daily progress reports to the site construction office outlining items of concern such as safety observations/directions, non-conformance with the specifications and drawings, equipment and weather delays, site clean up, congestion, infrastructure, workmanship, quality control and potential contract extras.
- Update the site-wide deficiency lists to be issued at weekly construction meetings.
- Assist in the management of the Site Safety Program.
- Proactively work with contractors to ensure project safety, quality, schedule and cost objectives are being achieved.
- Support mechanical completion and CSU handovers.
- Varied mix of rotating and static equipment from basic centrifugal pumps, through large piston compressors, and >20,000hp complex extrusion systems.
- Experience with like or similar equipment will be a must
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.