Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client, based in Aberdeenshire, are looking for a Charge Hand Machinist to lead and supervise the Operations within the Machine Shop on a permanent, staff basis.
Experience operating Mazak mill and using Mazatrol programming software.
Ability to comfortably read engineering drawings to produce high tolerance, high quality components in a timely manner, ensuring QHSE is adhered to.
- Maintain adequate stock levels of machine tools and inserts
- Carry out daily maintenance and inspections of machines
- Undertaking measurements and inspection.
- Ability to read manufacturing drawings and adhere to routing instructions and operating procedures.
- Programming on and off line, operate, set and run a CNC Lathe and Mill.
- Select the correct feeds & speeds required for the material grade.
- Maintain tight tolerances to a range of +/- 0.001"
- Ensuring compliance to Quality procedures, work instructions and policy statements.
- Maintain a clean safe work environment
- Experience Setting, operating and programming CNC machinery to a high standard.
- Experience operating Mazak mill and using Mazatrol programming software essential.
- Time served machinist with experience of manufacturing oilfield equipment
- Experienced in reading engineering drawings
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Manual/CNC Milling and fitting skills preferable.
- Proven problem solving ability
- Ability to effectively use dedicated resources, to plan, control and take responsibility for own work.
- Production of quality work with minimal supervision
- Professional, reliable and consistent approach to work.
- Flexible approach to working
- Highly motivated.
- Good time keeper.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Works well under pressure.
- Willingness to work additional hours in order to meet customer demand.