Skills: CAD / CAM, Construction Manager, Construction Superintendent
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Billings, Montana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
BASIC FUNCTION: Function as the mechanical construction coordinator responsible for the safe, efficient and quality installation for Billings Refinery capital projects.
• Coordinate manpower for current Mechanical Contractor as a representative of Client. Ensure Contractor is working priority projects critical to schedule.
• Serve as the point of contact for construction questions, drawing issues and manpower/priority conflicts. Be a point of contact and liaison between the Field Contractors and the Project Manager/Engineer.
• Ensure all Request for Information (RFI) and Change Orders are addressed in a timely manner, either through the Project Engineer or Project Manager.
• Ensure Contractor is adhering to sound construction and safety practices, including refinery Safe Work Practices (SWPs) and Job Safety Analyses (JSAs).
• Coordinate Mechanical work with client for capital projects and ensure efficient completion. Interface regularly with client Supervision.
• Monitor project progress and regularly report/update progress to Project Managers.
• Monitor field construction cost and address cost variance issues. Provide information to project controller and project manager on cost issues.
• Ensure Contractors have correct project charge numbers, then verify and approve time sheets against these numbers.
• Assure that all field construction is completed in accordance to the design drawings along with Industry and client Standards, and Billings local preferences.
• Coordinate with the plant engineers and designers on existing and future projects to assure that the Contractor manpower can be leveled.
• Assist Contractor with bulk material orders and material coordination to ensure efficient work execution.
• Assist the engineering staff with field activities critical to design/schedule.
• Prepare and issue all as-built drawings to the appropriate craft and engineering staff personnel.
• Provide practical experience to the engineering and design staff on construction issues.
• Attend project and construction meetings as required.
• Ensure Contractors are following sound QA/QC practices, satisfactory to client and well documented.
• Experience with large and small projects
• Knowledge of refining systems and standards
• Minimal CAD experience, but must have ability to understand P&IDs, PFDs, isometrics, and construction drawings.
• Above average working skills with computer systems including Excel, word processors, e-mail systems, and "light" CAD packages such as VISIO
• Extensive field construction experience working with contractors and personnel
• A high regard for safety for self and others and the ability to demonstrate safe principles and actions to associates
• Ability to work efficiently and cooperatively with engineers, designers, engineering contractors, and craftsmen
• Knowledge of cost control and forecasting
• Knowledge of schedule activities and schedule forecasting.
• Experience in dealing with labor issues, as well as manpower loading and logistics.
• Knowledge of construction procurement, material handling and fabrication activities.
• Knowledge of Refinery, OSHA and Construction Industry Safe Work practices
• Basic knowledge of refining processes, systems and equipment
• Knowledge of engineering and construction processes and systems
• Ability to produce and work a construction schedule with manpower loaded and coordinated.
• A personality that can influence construction personnel.
Competentia is more than a staffing company; we combine our long experience in the industry with a continuing commitment to innovation to provide a different level of customer service.
From the moment you begin planning your projects Competentia offers you real advantages in all areas related to staffing your teams and managing your manpower resources.
We offer strategic staffing solutions ranging from recruitment and onboarding to training, payrolling and mobilizing your human capital.
Above all we offer the expertise, experience and integrity to bring you genuine peace of mind as you manage one of the most challenging aspects of the modern technical market place.