Skills: Logistics Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: $25 - $35 per hour
Location: Kings Mountain, North Carolina, United States
NES Global Talent is excited to announce that our office has an enticing job opportunity with one of the country's largest chemical distribution organizations out of their Kings Mountain, NC location for a Logistics Specialist. This individual would be employed on a contract to hire basis and be responsible for executing international shipping and freight forwarding .
Location: Kings Mountain, NC (near Charlotte).
Hours: M-F 8AM-5PM
Pay Range: $25-$35/hr. depending on experience and skillset.
Duration: Contract will start ASAP and run for 6-12 months. Individuals that perform above expectation will be considered for fulltime employment.
- Manually execute and confirm international shipments.
- Export hazardous materials internationally.
- Book, check, and tally expected incoming shipments.
- Ensure proper documents made it safely through customs.
- Track, update, and keep meticulous Excel and SAP logs of outgoing freight.
- Proficiently handle and store ocean containers.
- Must have at least 3+ years experience in international freight forwarding.
- Must have experience dealing with ocean containers.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel.
- SAP knowledge would be a big plus.
- Previous experience in working in a chemical manufacturing environment would be a big plus.
- Candidates local to the Charlotte, NC area are strongly preferred.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.