Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Saudi Arabia
Req Number: 18445BR
Saudi Aramco is seeking several Economic Modeling Specialists to join the Technology Strategy & Planning Department (TSPD).
TSPD is responsible for developing Saudi Aramco's technology outlook and strategy, managing the technology portfolio and intellectual property, supporting the Company's climate and sustainability initiatives, and ensuring the commercial viability of technologies through effective deployment planning. TSPD develops technology commercialization and related execution plans to help align Saudi Aramco's R&D investment with strategy and value-driven technology deployments that can position the Company with a sustainable competitive advantage, capitalizing on its business and sustainability R&D investments.
The incumbent will assume a key role in the rollout of enhanced technology management processes across the Company, with responsibility to support techno-economic evaluation and strategic decision-making processes in the technology organization. The Economic Modeling Specialist enables optimal value realization from technology by providing accurate, timely and detailed analysis of economic, financial and commercial data regarding technology development, demonstration, and deployment opportunities.
You will possess subject matter expertise, thought leadership skills, business acumen, effective change management skills and project management experience. This includes sound judgement and extraordinary attention to detail that ensures accuracy. You will demonstrate excellent analytical, organizational and multitasking skills, and the ability to effectively work in a multidisciplinary team-oriented environment, including engagements with senior management. You will be strongly motivated to further develop and specialize in the discipline of techno-economic modeling. You will also coach and mentor full-time junior professionals, as well as individuals on part-time assignments.
In-depth knowledge and understanding of one or more relevant core businesses (downstream refining, petrochemicals, midstream, upstream) and emerging technologies related to corporate sustainability (circular carbon economy; CO2 capture, utilization and storage; nonmetallic materials; sustainable plastics; artificial intelligence; industrial sensing and monitoring) will enable the successful candidate to have an immediate impact.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Economics, Econometrics, Engineering, Statistics, Business Administration or related disciplines. An advanced degree (MBA/Finance) is highly preferred.
Experience: At least 15 years of professional experience, including a minimum of 10 years of experience in leading organizations in the energy or chemicals sector, and/or with leading management consulting firm(s) in the above named sectors. You will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in conducting incremental, cost-benefit/effectiveness and budget impact analyses using mathematical, economic or statistical modelling tools and techniques such as decision tree analysis, Markov modelling and/or discrete event simulations, including Monte Carlo simulations and real options, risk adjustment and risk management.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Support strategic option analysis (e.g., make vs. buy, technology portfolio prioritization) via provision of cost-benefit assessments and analysis, as well as validation of economic and risk assumptions; present findings and recommendations based on analysis to senior management.
• Analyze trends and market intelligence to support the development of business cases (and value hypothesis) for technology projects going through the corporate technology stage-gate process.
• Create financial models and establish the value of technologies for potential commercial applications, in support of technology development, deployment and external licensing efforts.
• Support technology project teams in the development of a robust financial case for internally developed technologies, including techno-economic models for investment appraisal of technologies in the stage-gate process.
• Provide detailed financial and economic insights for evaluating technology project performance by analyzing relevant data against the technology scorecard KPIs.
• Support technology development, demonstration, internal deployment and external commercialization opportunities, including implementation of robust deployment plans. This includes tracking and accurately reporting the value realized from deployed technologies, as well as supporting internal and external reviews of the relevant financials.
• Provide input to help evaluate licensing opportunities to enable favorable license terms.
• Develop, manage and assure the quality of economic modelling tools used within TOC.
• Periodically review and improve financial models, maintain and update the repository of licenses and portfolio position on all approved technology/innovation applications.
• Work flexibly across TOC and/or R&D domains as required.
• Knowledge sharing and transfer around techno-economic evaluations fundamentals to increase financial acumen in the organization.
Every day, our multinational team of more than 70,000 people combines passion, purpose, and performance to achieve a common objective: unlocking the full potential of the Kingdom’s resources to create more value for our company and more opportunities for people at home and around the globe.
Join us at Saudi Aramco.